+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Private Practice

I think some things are justifiable. I like what has been done in these unusual cases. I think it shows that anyone, no matter how noble we think they are, can be pushed to get info that can be helpful in a touchy, crisis situation. The trick is being smart enough to know how to go about it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I used to watch this all the time, but haven't in quite a while. I don't know why, probably a schedule conflict or something.
    Anyhow, last night I tuned in & boy am I glad I've been skipping this show.
    It was dreadful!!
    Whatever happened to the Private Practice they had (or have)? It used to be about their medical practice & how much more compassion & care a small practice can have rather than the cold impersonalness & monetary greed of major hospitals, with a few personal issues thrown in. I loved seeing them work together with genuine caring to solve the problems (medical & sometimes personal) of their patients.
    None of that at all last night! Just a bunch of trashy booty call sex scenes, baby issues, & marriage issues of the main characters. Huh??
    Is this the way the show is now? Or did I just tune in on a bad night?
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

I just don't find this show enjoyable anymore. There are so many unethical things they do, it drives me nuts. I wish it would get back the the old ways when the storylines were about the patients and not who is sleeping with who.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I just don't find this show enjoyable anymore. There are so many unethical things they do, it drives me nuts. I wish it would get back the the old ways when the storylines were about the patients and not who is sleeping with who.
    I agree. The things some of them do is just plain crazy! Last week there was Charlotte and Sheldon. What is wrong with Charlotte and Amelia's thinking process. Okay. Let's see. We have the choice of alerting your husband there could a problem with his baby's mommy and that he might be worried OR we illegally get the woman's medical records. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It doesn't even kind of make sense IMO.

Then we have Sheldon who thinks he must force his client to admit to acts that could get him sent to prison or ruin his career! WHat is he thinking about? What the officer tells the doctor is confidential. His doctor is the only person he can trust to confide in, but NOOOOO, Sheldon has to push him to tell all. The officer should have seen an attorney. I would like to see what an attorney would do with Sheldon's antics. What's wrong with him? If he didn't think the officer was ready to return to work, that's fine, but don't make him go to prison or ruin his career, because he made a mistake. Better advice from his psychologist would have been to see a LAWYER. If Sheldon gets his way, the officer will lose his job, lose his insurance and not have any money to see a shrink. Good going Sheldon.

I was just really disappointed in these people as professionals again. Thank God for Benjamin Bratt. I hope he doesn't go crazy along with the rest of the practice.
    ilja likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't help but wonder what the actors think of their roles being blurred with real-life people. The actors read, memorize what they have to learn for the episode and, a lot of times, the viewing audience will take it to the complete opposite side of the fence....to actual life. A concocted story is just that....a concocted story....and the writer can take it in any direction they choose, and it is the actor's job to give it life, within the confines of what the writer has written. Wonder if the actors ever get confused, like the viewers do? I do believe that the actor who plays Dr. Miranda Bailey has said that people do tend to think she is a doctor, in real life, and she has to correct them quickly. She plays Dr. Bailey as Dr. Bailey is written. I, honestly, think that part of the fun of writing is to see if you can create buzz that gets people talking. Stir Up That Hornet's Nest!!!! Get people to fussing back and forth about what should have happened, and what DID happen!

I kind of like it!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have no issue with the actors playing their roles. That part is great. What gets me is the crazy writing. Granted, the doctor characters can mess up, make mistakes, etc., but for them to do it over and over without any hesitation, is rather bizarre and unreasonable IMO. It makes me dislike the characters. Why should I a viewer root for and care about a character who I think has ruined lives and treated his patients unfairly? Maybe this is why dislike Violet's character so much.
    combatcutie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have no issue with the actors playing their roles. That part is great. What gets me is the crazy writing. Granted, the doctor characters can mess up, make mistakes, etc., but for them to do it over and over without any hesitation, is rather bizarre and unreasonable IMO. It makes me dislike the characters. Why should I a viewer root for and care about a character who I think has ruined lives and treated his patients unfairly? Maybe this is why dislike Violet's character so much.
    I agree with everything you said Debb70
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I wonder if I should look upthread for my post in which I question how long it will be before Violet puts other people's lives in danger again. LOL Seriously.

I think they should check Addison for a brain tumor. She really thinks Sam is just perfect? And the only thing wrong with him is that he can't believe how perfect he is? PLEASE. This is sickening. What's wrong with this picture. The guy is a loser, except for being a doctor. He is VERY selfish. Wants his cake and to eat it too. Why was he pretending to want a serious relationship as he went to the bar and the gym?

I wonder if I should look upthread for my post in which I question how long it will be before Violet puts other people's lives in danger again. LOL Seriously.

I think they should check Addison for a brain tumor. She really thinks Sam is just perfect? And the only thing wrong with him is that he can't believe how perfect he is? PLEASE. This is sickening. What's wrong with this picture. The guy is a loser, except for being a doctor. He is VERY selfish. Wants his cake and to eat it too. Why was he pretending to want a serious relationship as he went to the bar and the gym?
    You're going to have to explain that one. How is Sam selfish? Because he knows he doesn't want another child? I'd say that's being honest and true to himself. Would it be better if he just went along with Addy even when he knows he doesn't want to have a baby with her? That would be unfair to all of them, especially the child.

He's intelligent, handsome, kind, has a good career.....not a loser in my book.

I think he's incredibly inept with women. He was with Naomi since they were young and then Addison. So, if he's never met women outside of school, where does he go? He probably has no clue.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree. The things some of them do is just plain crazy! Last week there was Charlotte and Sheldon. What is wrong with Charlotte and Amelia's thinking process. Okay. Let's see. We have the choice of alerting your husband there could a problem with his baby's mommy and that he might be worried OR we illegally get the woman's medical records. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It doesn't even kind of make sense IMO.

Then we have Sheldon who thinks he must force his client to admit to acts that could get him sent to prison or ruin his career! WHat is he thinking about? What the officer tells the doctor is confidential. His doctor is the only person he can trust to confide in, but NOOOOO, Sheldon has to push him to tell all. The officer should have seen an attorney. I would like to see what an attorney would do with Sheldon's antics. What's wrong with him? If he didn't think the officer was ready to return to work, that's fine, but don't make him go to prison or ruin his career, because he made a mistake. Better advice from his psychologist would have been to see a LAWYER. If Sheldon gets his way, the officer will lose his job, lose his insurance and not have any money to see a shrink. Good going Sheldon.

I was just really disappointed in these people as professionals again. Thank God for Benjamin Bratt. I hope he doesn't go crazy along with the rest of the practice.
    I agree everything on what you said. I actually thought Sheldon used to be reasonable before this along with Charlotte, but both of them went off the deep end. Now he needs his license yanked along with Violet (who ugh, I can't believe they ever allowed HER near patients again). A therapist is supposed to be someone safe and trustworthy you can talk to. In real life, the only reason Sheldon would have any business alerting anyone about anything in that case is if the guy was threatening to kill someone or himself. Yes, he should have sent the guy to a lawyer, and if he decided not to, then keep his nose out of it.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread