+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

FORT Fogey

Re: Private Practice

that mason kid is quite smart, i hope they don't make him into something else

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought the episode was excellent and well-done! I was expecting double overdose deaths for Amelia and her boyfriend. That would have been a good twist that hasn't been done before.

It is very touching to see the relationship between Charlotte and Mason developing, with Mason's mother being, also, accepted and them getting along so well. Reminded me of Jada Pinkett-Smith talking about her stepson's mother, and how she had to love the mother to love the son, and how that mother is included in any family celebrations (like holiday dinners) they have. That is a great perspective that more people should work hard to adopt. Actually, it's just more family.

Is Violet going to leave Lucas with his dad? That part was sad, but I don't think Pete ever really loved her, as such, but wanted to. I did like the maturity of Violet, realizing that Pete was over them, and volunteering to be the one that left, accepting the obvious. Some things we try to make happen whether they are real or not. I do remember a counselor once telling me that, sometimes, you have to "act your way into a different way of feeling"...and that, before you know it, you will actually feel it....and it can, indeed work.

I do not like Sam. Never really have. To me, he's just an "Oil Can Harry".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Shay, you don't think Pete ever really loved Violet? Could someone please remind me of the back story about Pete and his former wife? Violet saying that Pete did not want to leave his wife (was Anna her name?) and would stay in his present marriage just to keep the family together b/c he would not be the one to leave. Pete has had a troubled child hood and Violet has had some tough times with the rape and then that wacko patient of hers slicing and dicing her up and leaving her for all but dead. Neither of them has had an easy time of it. Still, it would make sense for Pete to be primary care-giver... he raised Lucas when Violet was off finding herself... wasn't it close to a year? Also, how old is Lucas? Last night Violet mentioned something about Lucas saying a word... like it was the first time he talked. I thought the kid was at least 3... shouldn't he be talking by now?

Also, what does ""Oil Can Harry" mean? Never heard that expression.

FORT Fogey

somehow who is a coward i think

I was going to quote multiple posts here but gave up on it.

I also wondered about why exactly Derek wasn't there. I would think this would be something he would be a little interested in.

Addison's behavior, while realistic, in dealing with Amelia was really annoying. And really at this point Sam can just disappear and I wouldn't miss him at all. He's not really adding anything or really contributing to the story line.

I liked the new doctor too in this episode with his talk with Amelia and then it was interesting to see him by the grave as well.

About addicts and relationships. Some addicts have co-occuring mental health issues. It's not unusual for example for people with borderline personality disorder become addicts and then you see them home from one "I'm in love for life" relationship to another in a matter of a day in my experience. Also some have personal histories with relationships, rapes, survival sex, attachment disorders etc. which predispose them to to this falling in love fast and repeatedly.

Amelia's behavior doesn't surprise me. I haven't watched the show much over the time it's been on but I got the feeling while she didn't fall in love she had a tendency to kind lead on guys if not move one relationship to another. She has bigger issues than just her addiction obviously.

Also some addicts just like the high of the relationship. You'll see the "in love for life" thing happen in treatment a lot because it's a bubble. You see the same people every day in a controlled environment and eventually you get lonely and find the one you love. And it's easier to give up one addiction if you have a new one like emotional stimulation waiting for you on the horizon.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"Oil Can Harry" was a villain in the old Mighty Mouse cartoons. I think I likened him to Sam/Taye Diggs since I don't like the actor nor his role. It's my opinion that he's been rat-like in both areas. I just don't like the guy.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I kind of felt bad for Addison at the end when the mother decided to go with a different family.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I thought it was really bizarre of that young mother to have her and her baby's life saved by Addison, but then she gives the baby to another family. No good deed..........

Did you recoginze the woman in the threesome who wanted to carry their baby, but couldn't? She was from the former show The Unit. Her husband on The Unit was the guy who played Henry on Grey's Anatomy. How funny.

Who is going to give Addison a baby? I hope it involves her doctor and on a personal level.

I read a spoiler if anyone wants to know.

I heard that on the upcoming episode.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The lady who was in danger that Violent encountered comes back badly beaten by her husband. The Practice tries to help her. She is pregnant. Hmmmmmm....I'm getting ideas.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Thanks for the spoiler info, Debb70. Hmm, that's an interesting twist. I was hoping in some way Benjamin Bratt and Addison would get together, have a fling, and miraculously, somehow, Addison would find herself pregnant.
    Debb70 likes this.

I like that idea. I had thought maybe Addison and Benjamin would get together and her thinking she couldn't conceive wouldn't use any precautions and then she would have a surprise pregnancy. I wouldn't mind that. She had absolutely no chemistry with Sam, so I just want them to be done already with no chance of rekindling anything. I couldn't believe the woman chose the other family, but I kind of saw it coming--I guess they can't make it that easy for her to get a baby. I still hate Violet, but she redeemed herself some when she did act with surprising maturity with her split from Pete. I do think Lucas should be with his Dad more though. He is more of a stable parent.
    ilja and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread