+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

LOL Yes, they finally addressed the kid.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm also glad the daughter reappeared although I too could have sworn she was younger than that. Hmmm... perhaps they aged her to eventually do a romance with her and male mid-wife.. why can't I remember his name?

Some of the stories were interesting. The blue kids and how they got that way. I found the harpie wife annoying and didn't care for that story and the broken hoohaa was sort of boring. Although the cake giving was rather funny.

This episode wasn't quiet as good as the others because there wasn't as much interaction between the practice members and I think that's what makes this show. Too much focus was put on the patients and they should really be secondary or something. Least that's my opinion on why this one was a little flat.

LG.

I was mad at the mom of the blue girls. You know something is making your daughters very sick. You fired the nanny and are home with them all day. So pay attention to WHERE THEY ARE when they get sick every single day after playing "outside". Duh. Maybe I'm an overprotective mom, but I check on my kids all the time when they're playing in the yard. And they're not even ingesting lethal doses of fertilzer on a daily basis.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree LG, I found it a little hard to believe that somebody who would go to such pains to make sure everything was natural and organic would have no idea that her girls were sneaking out of the yard and going into a neighbors shed. They had to have been there long enough to get the fumes into their system.. so.. she didn't check on them when they played outside? I always know where my son is when he is outside. The oldest girl was 8... those kids should have been within eyesight at all times.

But... it did make for an interesting storyline.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2607981;
    Tonight's episode was heavily laced with symbolic patients. It wasn't a top episode, but it was solid.
    I'm glad the mentioned the daughter though! I guess they were predicting our wondering where the heck she was. Though she seemed a lot older than I thought/remembered. I didn't think of a daughter that age when I picture the scene where Naomi's crying in the bathroom.
    I for one am glad they do not have the daughter on every show... this is an adult show for adults, I do not want to see story lines for kids on the show. Leave that to the Daytime soaps in the summer when the High School kids are home and they want to up their numbers. So many shows are ruined when they bring kids of any age in to the mix. As for seeing a storyline with the Mid-Wife.. I hope Shonda has more sense than to try that tired angle.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Maybe it's just ( and my friends and family ) but I'm not "feeling" this show. It's hard to get emotionally involved with these characters. The storylines are just so off. If the writing doesn't get better, I predict the viewership will continue to drop off. Many of the storylines are trite: the cake stuffint/sexually frustrated girlfiriends. The angsty widowed love interest. This episode was the worst to date.
    Tahoe bound....

Does it bother anyone else that the doctors do not wear scrubs or even long, white jackets? They don't look like doctors. They all look like models walking around a building.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by laura000;2612516;
    Does it bother anyone else that the doctors do not wear scrubs or even long, white jackets? They don't look like doctors. They all look like models walking around a building.
    Since they're not surgeons, they shouldn't be wearing scrubs. I think avoiding the white jackets is one of the ways they reject the old stuffy ways of medicine for a new approach.

I have to agree with Veruka. Since the practice is about eschewing the old stuffy way it wouldn't make sense for them to walk around wearing scrubs or coats. I've never seen one of these progressive co-ops with the doctors wearing scrubs. Actually its the trend now, all of my son's doctors wear business attire because they say it helps to alleviate the fears small children have about the scary people in white coats (or scrubs). I think they only wear scrubs when in the hospital for a procedure.

Anyways, I don't find it odd or bothersome that the show chose to follow suit.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laura000;2612516;
    Addison was in scrubs when she was delivering the baby.. purple i think heh.

But yeah most Drs in a Private Practice dont wear them.. my Dr doesnt.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread