+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Wonder what happened. All week they had commercials showing PP on, right up until Wednesday night. Was looking forward to Na lighting into Addison.

Off the Map probably didn't get he ratings they expected on Wednesday, so they popped it into the 10:00 slot on Thursday hoping the lead-in from Gray's Anatomy would help draw interest for next week's episode.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4147925;
    Off the Map probably didn't get he ratings they expected on Wednesday, so they popped it into the 10:00 slot on Thursday hoping the lead-in from Gray's Anatomy would help draw interest for next week's episode.
    I was just coming here to post this as my theory

Also, I read that a new PP won't be back till Feb 3. We'll have to see this week if that's true or not.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I just saw the episode, apparently a rerun, where Dell's daughter reenters the picture, and not one of them is willing to take her on (well, Violet is, but Pete wasn't). I hope there is another episode with some more positive closure. Could they not at least have arranged for Violet to continue to see her? Just to check on her? Very unsatisfactory episode.
    As was said a lot, Dell would never have let that happen to one of their kids.

FORT Fogey

I can't believe this is the episode they chose to re-run. It really turned me off, personally. Perhaps they are going pick up with that storyline in a new eppy. Nay wasn't there when they all made the decision not to take her, and I think her influence would've resulted in a different outcome.

I totally knew Addison's mom was going to off herself. I felt it when she said she would see her in the morning and have breakfast with her. Totally out of character and just trying to get Addy to leave. I hope this show goes back to the way the first season was because this is getting on my nerves now. Too many plots to deal with in one episode. IMO
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4190246;
    I totally knew Addison's mom was going to off herself. I felt it when she said she would see her in the morning and have breakfast with her. Totally out of character and just trying to get Addy to leave. I hope this show goes back to the way the first season was because this is getting on my nerves now. Too many plots to deal with in one episode. IMO
    I thought she would either kill herself or pack up and leave before Addy came back. It was clear she was just trying to get rid of her, but Addy didn't pick up on it because she was so hungry for any affection or love from her mother.

ETA: Information about an actor leaving the show is considered a spoiler. Please put that stuff in spoiler tags
    Last edited by Critical; 02-12-2011 at 03:23 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;4167923;
    I can't believe this is the episode they chose to re-run. It really turned me off, personally. Perhaps they are going pick up with that storyline in a new eppy. Nay wasn't there when they all made the decision not to take her, and I think her influence would've resulted in a different outcome.
    One way it could happen I guess is since
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Nay is supposedly leaving the show, she could make a final appearance and claim the child and they both leave. Although if that was happening you'd think there would be some hints of it.
    Have we ever seen Nay's response to what happened to Dell's daughter? I'm watching the shows out of order off tapes, so I miss stuff.

Maybe I'm making too much of it, but why do I see so many violations of confidentiality? I mentioned it upthread and was told there were reasons. What about the blind mother? How can they justify providing information about her medical condition to the mother-in-law? I can't seem to enjoy the show because of all these errors. Perhaps it's asking me to suspend too much reality. I really want to like the show. I don't remember it having these problems in the first season.

I can't believe it, but Charlotte is now my favorite character on this show. A lot of that has to do with the rape storyline and how it's allowed the writers to make her into a more human character. I love how she's opened up and become a person without losing the hard as nails personality she came onto the show with.

I found the scene at the end with Sam and Addy really hard to watch. I know he was trying to get through to her, but I didn't like the way he was holding her arms like that.

Addy's father and the comments about Violet = ICK.

+ Reply to Thread