+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 815
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

  1. #381
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Private Practice

    Are you talking about Addison? Doctors are required by law to report sexual assaults. While Addy did tell Sam about the rape, no one told Violet - she figured it out based on Charlotte's behavior and her own past experience. Plus, she isn't Charlotte's doctor, nor is Sheldon, so they aren't bound by confidentiality laws.

    I think Pete did the right thing not lying to get his mother released from prison. She's obviously a manipulative person who had no remorse for murdering her husband or ruining her sons' childhood.

    KaDee Strickland has just been hitting it out of the park with this storyline. I'm blown away by her performance. Charlotte has never been a warm person, so I'm glad they've been true to who the character is as she goes through this ordeal. While they all love Cooper (okay, maybe not Pete), I don't think they like Charlotte all that much, even if they do care about what happens to her. She's not a terribly likable person.

    The final scenes with Cooper and Charlotte had me in tears. I love him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #382
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: Private Practice

    I think Cooper as a character on this show has really grown leaps and bounds especially near the end of last season and all of this season. He's one of the best characters on the show right now.

  3. #383
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,328

    Re: Private Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4109810;
    Are you talking about Addison? Doctors are required by law to report sexual assaults. While Addy did tell Sam about the rape, no one told Violet - she figured it out based on Charlotte's behavior and her own past experience. Plus, she isn't Charlotte's doctor, nor is Sheldon, so they aren't bound by confidentiality laws.

    I think Pete did the right thing not lying to get his mother released from prison. She's obviously a manipulative person who had no remorse for murdering her husband or ruining her sons' childhood.

    KaDee Strickland has just been hitting it out of the park with this storyline. I'm blown away by her performance. Charlotte has never been a warm person, so I'm glad they've been true to who the character is as she goes through this ordeal. While they all love Cooper (okay, maybe not Pete), I don't think they like Charlotte all that much, even if they do care about what happens to her. She's not a terribly likable person.

    The final scenes with Cooper and Charlotte had me in tears. I love him.

    You seem to know the show better than me, but it seemed to me that many duties were violated. Also, do you recall when the two men with aids were involved in an accident? One of the doctors went to the younger man and told him that the other guy in the car was HIV positive? How is that okay? I just think they are really skirting around too much unethical behavior with these doctors to make it believable to me.

    Oh, now that the rape victim blew the first line-up on purpose, it's likely her case will now suffer and he may end up walking on the charges. The defendant's attorney will attack it saying she didn't know which one it was and later someone coached her to pick him out in the second line-up.

    I do like the show and intend to keep watching. When does it come on again? LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.

  4. #384
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Private Practice

    Gosh, I hardly recognized Gaby Hoffman in this episode. The eyebrows were the same though. She's really grown up. With so many child actors, they're just locked in my memory as kids and it's strange to see them as actual adults!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #385
    as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,859

    Re: Private Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4119112;
    Gosh, I hardly recognized Gaby Hoffman in this episode. The eyebrows were the same though. She's really grown up. With so many child actors, they're just locked in my memory as kids and it's strange to see them as actual adults!
    THAT'S who she was! Thank you, Critical!!! I knew she looked familiar but did not realize it was Gaby Hoffman. I need to pay more attention to the credits obviously.

    Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

  6. #386
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,643

    Re: Private Practice

    I just went and checked on imdb. I thought it was her, but I wanted to make sure. There are some people who really don't look a thing like they did as children and Gaby really has changed, but there was something about her eyebrows that was familiar. I guess she's still stuck in my head the way she was in Field of Dreams and Sleepless in Seattle even though she's done many things since then.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  7. #387
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,325

    Re: Private Practice

    Who the heck is Gaby Hoffman? Never heard of her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #388
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: Private Practice

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4121757;
    Who the heck is Gaby Hoffman? Never heard of her.
    Here's her IMDB profile Gaby Hoffmann - IMDb

    The movie I always most remember her from is "Now and Then".

  9. #389
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Private Practice

    Addison's mom is way too hard on her! I think I would have backed away from that case the moment it came through because of family issues.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  10. #390
    FORT Fogey canadian_angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    the province with the really long name
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,714

    Re: Private Practice

    I think a lot of people would. I don't remember Addison's mom being that cold towards her last time. I remember her being distant, but not almost cruel.

    I really enjoyed all non-Addison moments more than the one's that focused on her.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.