+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 82 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Are you talking about Addison? Doctors are required by law to report sexual assaults. While Addy did tell Sam about the rape, no one told Violet - she figured it out based on Charlotte's behavior and her own past experience. Plus, she isn't Charlotte's doctor, nor is Sheldon, so they aren't bound by confidentiality laws.

I think Pete did the right thing not lying to get his mother released from prison. She's obviously a manipulative person who had no remorse for murdering her husband or ruining her sons' childhood.

KaDee Strickland has just been hitting it out of the park with this storyline. I'm blown away by her performance. Charlotte has never been a warm person, so I'm glad they've been true to who the character is as she goes through this ordeal. While they all love Cooper (okay, maybe not Pete), I don't think they like Charlotte all that much, even if they do care about what happens to her. She's not a terribly likable person.

The final scenes with Cooper and Charlotte had me in tears. I love him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think Cooper as a character on this show has really grown leaps and bounds especially near the end of last season and all of this season. He's one of the best characters on the show right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4109810;
    Are you talking about Addison? Doctors are required by law to report sexual assaults. While Addy did tell Sam about the rape, no one told Violet - she figured it out based on Charlotte's behavior and her own past experience. Plus, she isn't Charlotte's doctor, nor is Sheldon, so they aren't bound by confidentiality laws.

I think Pete did the right thing not lying to get his mother released from prison. She's obviously a manipulative person who had no remorse for murdering her husband or ruining her sons' childhood.

KaDee Strickland has just been hitting it out of the park with this storyline. I'm blown away by her performance. Charlotte has never been a warm person, so I'm glad they've been true to who the character is as she goes through this ordeal. While they all love Cooper (okay, maybe not Pete), I don't think they like Charlotte all that much, even if they do care about what happens to her. She's not a terribly likable person.

The final scenes with Cooper and Charlotte had me in tears. I love him.

You seem to know the show better than me, but it seemed to me that many duties were violated. Also, do you recall when the two men with aids were involved in an accident? One of the doctors went to the younger man and told him that the other guy in the car was HIV positive? How is that okay? I just think they are really skirting around too much unethical behavior with these doctors to make it believable to me.

Oh, now that the rape victim blew the first line-up on purpose, it's likely her case will now suffer and he may end up walking on the charges. The defendant's attorney will attack it saying she didn't know which one it was and later someone coached her to pick him out in the second line-up.

I do like the show and intend to keep watching. When does it come on again? LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Gosh, I hardly recognized Gaby Hoffman in this episode. The eyebrows were the same though. She's really grown up. With so many child actors, they're just locked in my memory as kids and it's strange to see them as actual adults!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4119112;
    Gosh, I hardly recognized Gaby Hoffman in this episode. The eyebrows were the same though. She's really grown up. With so many child actors, they're just locked in my memory as kids and it's strange to see them as actual adults!
    THAT'S who she was! Thank you, Critical!!! I knew she looked familiar but did not realize it was Gaby Hoffman. I need to pay more attention to the credits obviously.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I just went and checked on imdb. I thought it was her, but I wanted to make sure. There are some people who really don't look a thing like they did as children and Gaby really has changed, but there was something about her eyebrows that was familiar. I guess she's still stuck in my head the way she was in Field of Dreams and Sleepless in Seattle even though she's done many things since then.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who the heck is Gaby Hoffman? Never heard of her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4121757;
    Who the heck is Gaby Hoffman? Never heard of her.
    Here's her IMDB profile Gaby Hoffmann - IMDb

The movie I always most remember her from is "Now and Then".

Addison's mom is way too hard on her! I think I would have backed away from that case the moment it came through because of family issues.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I think a lot of people would. I don't remember Addison's mom being that cold towards her last time. I remember her being distant, but not almost cruel.

I really enjoyed all non-Addison moments more than the one's that focused on her.

+ Reply to Thread