+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 82 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4098801;
    It comes on again tonight? It is worth running again, for sure. I found that it elicited a very emotional reaction in me.
    I meant on Hulu after I get home from work. I don't know if ABC is planning to run it again.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

It's available on the ABC.com site... that's where I was able to watch it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I watched it on hulu - don't like the ABC site.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I noticed too that the attacker looked a lot like her fiancee'. It will be interesting to see how the next episode plays out. I wonder if Sheldon will figure out the guy is the attacker before he figures out she was raped?

you know, I'm really really close to giving up on this show. Addison and her holier-than-thou, god complex is REALLY ticking me off. She's so judgemental and closed-minded!

I can't say anything about Charlotte's situation because it leaves me speechless
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Charlotte is a character I usually loathe. I wanted to smack her upside of the head last night. Her brutal rape and attack was horrendous, of course, and I did feel for her, but hate how she just went back to her bitchy self. Never having been in that situation I guess I shouldn't be too judgmental, but she has so many people willing to help her... or at least, let Coop try to help. The ending was sweet, though, where she grabbed Coop's hand.

Also, what was the deal with the AA or NA meeting? Did I miss something previously where it said that Charlotte was either a recovering alcoholic or drug addict? When she was getting stitched up last week she had to go without anesthesia and mentioned something about being allergic to pain killers or something.... was that a reference to her being an addict, previously?

[QUOTE=Eastcoastmom;4104022;

Also, what was the deal with the AA or NA meeting? Did I miss something previously where it said that Charlotte was either a recovering alcoholic or drug addict? When she was getting stitched up last week she had to go without anesthesia and mentioned something about being allergic to pain killers or something.... was that a reference to her being an addict, previously?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get that either. I watched the show for most of it's first season and then stopped. Last night I went ON Demand and watched the last two episodes, then watched last night's episode, so I'm behind on a lot! I'm looking forward to catching up.

Did they show the face of the rapist? I must have missed that part.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4104063;
    I didn't get that either. I watched the show for most of it's first season and then stopped. Last night I went ON Demand and watched the last two episodes, then watched last night's episode, so I'm behind on a lot! I'm looking forward to catching up.

Well, Sheldon put two and two together last night when Violet intimated that she'd thought Charlotte had been raped. The man who the police picked up who was seen as incoherent is presumably the rapist. Sheldon had a sit down with him in the interrogation room so we saw his face but I don't recall that we actually saw his face during the attack. Next week it looks like Charlotte will identify him in a police line-up.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4104063;

Yes, he was in the interrogation room of the prison with Sheldon.

As for Charlotte, she has had a problem with drugs. They didn't come right out & say it. Amelia took notice to her resistance to pain meds & started reciting the Serentiy poem and Charolette joined in. Amelia told Charlotte that she would go to a meeting with her & they agreed
    Last edited by combatcutie; 11-12-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Anyone watch last night?

Please tell me something. How do these professionals not get into DEEP trouble violating confidentialty laws? It's outrageous how they just ignore them when it doesn't serve their purpose. I realize the writers can have a certain amount of creative license, but his is ridiculous!

What do you think about the mom is prison? I'm not sure how I feel about it.

+ Reply to Thread