+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 82 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Still drying my eyes here. I am really going to miss Dell .

I like that they are finally wrapping up some storylines. We need a little bit of fresh material.

Okay, I'm emotionally wrung out Dell knowing he was going to die and asking them to bring Betsy was just too much. When Charlotte confirmed that they should get Betsy, I just lost it. Then when Addy came out of the operating room jubilant over Maya and the baby being saved only to find out that Dell had died =

I'm so glad Cooper finally went and got his girl, although I feel for Sheldon. I used to love Brian Benben on Dream On, so I hope he'll stick around for season 4. Maybe he'll get a girl next season. In an interview I read with Shonda, she said she didn't know what she'll be doing with Betsy, so who knows what will happen. Maybe Pete and Violet will adopt her. When Pete was the one to tell Betsy her father was dead and he comforted her, I really thought about how much he's grown from a smirky bachelor just a few seasons ago. I'd love to see Pete and Violet have a semi-normal relationship.

I'm thrilled that Addy finally went after what she wants and got Sam! I'm sure Naomi will be mad but, you know what? TOUGH!

I didn't like the explanation Pete gave Sam for lying about the guy who hit Maya and Dell. It would seem more realistic if he'd said something about not wanting his friend to be responsible for the man's death. Let's not even think about what would have happened if the guy had died because Sam refused to operate on him. I'm sure the police wouldn't have been happy with him.

Overall, I thought the episode was really well done and I'm glad they really dealt with all of the main story lines. The show did get picked up for another season, as far as I know but, if it hadn't, this would have worked for a series finale too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I want Violet and Pete to adopt Betsy. That's who she belongs with and where she will be the happiest.

Dell was one of my faves so it was sad that he died and even sadder that he knew. The only good thingg wasthat he got to say goodbye to his daughter.

Addison handled the Violet/Pete situation with class. Naomi is going to blow a gasket. lol I like the guy in the wheelchair a lot so I hope she ends up with him.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I too am sad over Dells passing.. i liked him a great deal. Betsy has been thru far tooo much this past year.. so much pain and heartbreak. I dont see how she belongs with Pete and Violet, the real connection would have been Naomi. However they wrapped it up already, she was going to an Aunt.

Im thinking im the only one not happy with Addy and Sam hooking up, i just do not feel them, at all.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I bawled my eyes out last night. I knew someone was going to die, but I was hoping they wouldn't have Betsy lose both her parents in such a short time. They could have left him in a coma for a little while.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't think that Naomi will explode over Addie and Sam. She already resolved their connection in her head when she said to Addie, "But he wasn't my husband," plus she is already emotionally invested in the ALS guy, and has the wheelchair guy waiting in the wings, wanting to step up. And I don't think she's closed to a relationship with him.

Pete was right not to tell Sam whom he was operating on, since he's (Sam's) morally responsible to do his best. If things had gone south, he'd never be able to stop questioning himself on WHY they had gone south. It could destroy his career.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Why did they kill off Dell again? of screen was he asking for a raise or something? It was quite unnecessary.

Sad that Dell is gone. He was one of my favs.
    Not a fan of Violet and Pete together so not happy on that one.
    Also not a fan of Addison and Sam together
    Am happy about Charlotte and Cooper.
    Only one out of four, wow not that good of a season finale for me I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3903066;
    Why did they kill off Dell again? of screen was he asking for a raise or something? It was quite unnecessary.
    It was a creative decision by Shonda that was with the full blessing of the actor that played Dell, Christopher Lowell.

I am still going to have to think about the Pete Violet thing and the Sam Addison thing. Not sure if I hate both or like both yet, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3903898;
    It was a creative decision by Shonda that was with the full blessing of the actor that played Dell, Christopher Lowell.
    The interview I read with Chris indicated that Shonda told him at the beginning of the season that she wanted to write him out at the end of the season - mainly because how much can a midwife really do at a medical practice? He said he definitely didn't want to stick around and just take files to people or be a beefcake in the office. It was Chris who asked to go in a big way - he said he'd never been killed off before. Shonda was reluctant because they already planned for Heather to die and they didn't want to do that to Betsy. I think it was a good exit, although very heart-breaking.

I'll be interested to see if William is still around when next season starts and how Naomi is dealing with Sam and Addy being together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread