+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 82 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3899868;
    I'm worried that it might be Dell. I have seen time and time again a situation where the person that walks into the ER is the one that comes out in a body bag. They might do the "oh no he hit his head and the bleeding was worse than we thought" thing, I dunno. Cap it off with Dell getting into UCLA medical school...he's got the mark on his forehead . We didn't get enough of Dell this season.
    Oh no.... But is Private Practice set in LA? Or FL? I forget... If LA he could still drop by... And to think he used to play a nerd on, what was it? Buffy?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3899877;
    Oh no.... But is Private Practice set in LA? Or FL? I forget... If LA he could still drop by... And to think he used to play a nerd on, what was it? Buffy?
    The show is set in LA Chris Lowell was never on Buffy. He did do a stint on Veronica Mars and played the nice guy. Maybe compared to Logan, his character wasn't cool, but I wouldn't call him a nerd - he was too cute to be a nerd! His character on Life As We Know It was a bit geeky - is that what you're thinking of?

I wouldn't be surprised if they let Dell die. An article I read indicated that the reduced work load this season for Chris Lowell wasn't unwelcome - it allowed him more freedom for other work. I'd be bummed if Dell was gone - I like the character.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I like Dell, and I don't want to see him go! I'm still holding a candle for a Naomi/Dell relationship

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3899932;
    The show is set in LA Chris Lowell was never on Buffy. He did do a stint on Veronica Mars and played the nice guy. Maybe compared to Logan, his character wasn't cool, but I wouldn't call him a nerd - he was too cute to be a nerd! His character on Life As We Know It was a bit geeky - is that what you're thinking of?

I wouldn't be surprised if they let Dell die. An article I read indicated that the reduced work load this season for Chris Lowell wasn't unwelcome - it allowed him more freedom for other work. I'd be bummed if Dell was gone - I like the character.
    Veronica Mars, that's what I'm thinking of. Well, another strong female lead in a high school show...you can see the connection. I thought he was definitely meant to be unappealing on that show, especially compared to Logan. Definitely a nice guy, but too unsophisticated for Veronica. In contrast the next time I saw him was in one of PP's opening scenes where all the ladies gather to "casually' watch Del go off to (or come back from) surfing in his bathing suit, so suddenly clearly meant to be eye candy.
    Naomi is really falling apart....and as the driver who had an accident with her daughter... I don't see that happening or being good for Del even if he did have a major crush on her in the past.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3899868;
    I'm worried that it might be Dell. I have seen time and time again a situation where the person that walks into the ER is the one that comes out in a body bag. They might do the "oh no he hit his head and the bleeding was worse than we thought" thing, I dunno. Cap it off with Dell getting into UCLA medical school...he's got the mark on his forehead . We didn't get enough of Dell this season.

I didn't even think of that, but it makes perfect sense. I really don't want to see Dell go
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Lets see if this works....never posted a spoiler before...

I am on the Facebook event page for the PP finale...they posted a clip of the show yesterday.

Click to see Spoiler:
    It said "How would you like to choose between your unborn child and your wife?" or something along that lines. And then indicated Sam and Naomi's daughter might be paralyzed if they didnt deliver the child. Which seemed kind of odd becuase she was already in labor...I didnt watch the clip because I was annoyed that they posted it.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3901251;
    Veronica Mars, that's what I'm thinking of. Well, another strong female lead in a high school show...you can see the connection. I thought he was definitely meant to be unappealing on that show, especially compared to Logan. Definitely a nice guy, but too unsophisticated for Veronica. In contrast the next time I saw him was in one of PP's opening scenes where all the ladies gather to "casually' watch Del go off to (or come back from) surfing in his bathing suit, so suddenly clearly meant to be eye candy.
    Both leads were tiny blondes too Yeah, Piz wasn't a nerd, but he wasn't exactly Mr. Dangerous either....especially not with that name! I think he was meant to be the safe choice over Logan.

I'll be sad if Dell's the one who gets killed off, although I don't know who I'd prefer.

I'm dying to find out what happens tonight! Usually, I'm pretty patient, but this not knowing is driving me crazy!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

UGH - I didn't pay attention to know Dell was going to die...I was so sad - I loved him!

Interesting episode tonight. Seems like they all are getting their acts together but the whole show is becoming way too incestuous for me!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

What a tear jerker!!! I had no idea Dell wasn't coming back...does anyone know why he is leaving the show?

Well darn. I'll be sad to see Dell go. He was the voice of reason on the show and definitely the sweetest soul. I wonder how they'll handle the issue of his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3902706;
    What a tear jerker!!! I had no idea Dell wasn't coming back...does anyone know why he is leaving the show?
    Probably budget cuts. This show has a pretty big cast and a number of them probably command pretty big salaries - Kate Walsh, Amy Brenneman, Tim Daly, etc..

I've heard that other shows may be cutting their casts as well - an article I read recently indicated that none of the cast of Brothers and Sisters has been given the official word that they'll be back next season.

+ Reply to Thread