+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 82 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3884239;
    I'm on Team Pete too. I think the Violet vs. Addy thing is stupid. It's not about those two, it's about Violet and Pete. I used to like Violet, but I'm not happy with her now. I was hoping she'd come back and be the old Violet who wanted to be with Pete and her baby. She abandons her baby and Pete raises him alone for all that time and then, suddenly, when Violet has some miraculous epiphany, she thinks she should have full custody of Lucas?
    I'm okay with Violet's (every single time I type her name I type violent first) epiphany and I understand her wanting at least shared custody of Lucas - because her mind she is completely better. What I don't get is how she doesn't understand why Pete is doing what he's doing.

Somewhere between La La Land and Sin City

Here's another vote for Team Pete (and Lucas). Of course, being realistic and rational is not an option in the PP world. While mothers have always been favored in the past, I would like to think the world has progressed enough to see that fathers are just as suitable as parents. In this case, a gradual visitation and shared custody would be the logical solution. But that doesn't make for good TV ratings, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by PHan;3884324;
    Here's another vote for Team Pete (and Lucas). Of course, being realistic and rational is not an option in the PP world. While mothers have always been favored in the past, I would like to think the world has progressed enough to see that fathers are just as suitable as parents. In this case, a gradual visitation and shared custody would be the logical solution. But that doesn't make for good TV ratings, does it?
    Well hopefully that would be the conclusion of the court battle that is on next episode. They do make it look ike Addison, at least, is ripping her to shreds on the stand and perhaps the others aren't saying good things either. I hope they are just tricking with the previews--if not those are some lousy friennds. Violet deserves a chance with her son, but it needs to be gradual.

I hate how almost pathetic a situation they're making of this because really when all is said an done there won't be any clear winners. It'll just be another reason for more unhappy relationships and drama. Sigh!

Addison annoys me to no end. Addison...Addison...Addison. She never stops talking about herself. I'd alos like to see her find a man not associated with her work or any of her friends. She's an attractive doctor so it shouldn't be that hard.

Pete and Violet both handled it badly. Violet should have continued with vistitation and therapy for a time until Pete and the baby were comfortable. This is much too soon to sue for custody. I do think ultimately Pete and Violet should share custody because if both parents are healthy that is what is best for the child.

I think they will get back together at some point. I'm sure Sam and Addison will make a real go of it at some point too. If that doesn't work out watch out Cooper because you're next and then she will go all Cougar on Dale. lol

Man, that custody trial got UGLY. Why did they have to attack every single person in the practice? I can't believe Violet would allow her lawyer to do that. It changed my opinion of her quite a bit. I loved Addy's response to the lawyer going after her: "You're right: I'm a cheater and a husband stealer and on top of all that, I'm barren, so, good times..."

I still enjoy this show 10 times more than Grey's Anatomy, even when everyone is backstabbing.

I don't think Addy would ever go after Dell or even Cooper, for that matter. I do hope she and Sam can work it out. I really like them together and they both still love each other. Addy's only with Pete because of the baby: they obviously aren't in love.

Rumors are that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    someone is going to die this season and not just an "expendable crew member." It seems like it should be William, but the things I've read say it's a regular cast member and that it's not expected. I vote for Naomi. Out of all the main characters, she's the one I care about the least....and it really pains me to say that, because I love Audra.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree that trial got UGLY! But I don't know how much of that was Violet's doing versus how much of that was Pete's doing. He seemed to be going after his "friends" even more viciously than Violet.

This episode left me so very unsettled and I don't know why. I just know that I was unhappy after I watched it... so, good times?

Any thoughts on who is going to die in the next episode? I am pretty sure it will be Sam and Naomi's daughter, although at this point it almost seems too obvious...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh;3899721;
    Any thoughts on who is going to die in the next episode? I am pretty sure it will be Sam and Naomi's daughter, although at this point it almost seems too obvious...
    Maybe the baby? Although I'm not sure you can call a stuffed pillow fetus a "regular cast member".... Then the daughter can go off to college without having had an abortion but not being cluttered up with a child.... Call me cynical.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3899750;
    Maybe the baby? Although I'm not sure you can call a stuffed pillow fetus a "regular cast member".... Then the daughter can go off to college without having had an abortion but not being cluttered up with a child.... Call me cynical.
    I'm worried that it might be Dell. I have seen time and time again a situation where the person that walks into the ER is the one that comes out in a body bag. They might do the "oh no he hit his head and the bleeding was worse than we thought" thing, I dunno. Cap it off with Dell getting into UCLA medical school...he's got the mark on his forehead . We didn't get enough of Dell this season.

+ Reply to Thread