+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3864978;
    I thought he did tell her after they had sex...I can remember her sitting up with the the sheet held across her chest when he told her. Not saying that I can't be wrong, but his is what I remember.
    It was definitely AFTER they'd had sex The scene started with her talking about how great it was and then how she was going to have to talk to William. That's when Fife told her about the ALS.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3864978;
    I thought it was Pete who tipped Fife off about William having ALS. William came to Pete to ask for alternative treatment for his ALS. Fife had some kind of break through for treatment and both Fife and William seemed to be rushing to start the clinical trial. Pete had concerns, but didn't feel right about going with it to Naomi because she was dating him...so he told Fife.
    This is how I remember it also

Who is John Galt?

I like Private Practice much better than Greys (which I don't watch anymore). But, Addison annoys me no end. She is okay when dealing with a medical problem, but in her personal life she really does need to "grow up". There is absolutely no chemistry between her and Sam, nor really much between her and Pete (but more than with Sam). Naomi's reaction was typical - best friends do not date each other's former husbands or lovers - unless, it is encouraged by the friend (not tolerated, but encouraged). The whole show though is one of my guilty pleasures. It is so trite and ridiculous at times, but enjoyable. Greys just got boring.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3865460;
    I like Private Practice much better than Greys (which I don't watch anymore). But, Addison annoys me no end. She is okay when dealing with a medical problem, but in her personal life she really does need to "grow up". There is absolutely no chemistry between her and Sam, nor really much between her and Pete (but more than with Sam). Naomi's reaction was typical - best friends do not date each other's former husbands or lovers - unless, it is encouraged by the friend (not tolerated, but encouraged). The whole show though is one of my guilty pleasures. It is so trite and ridiculous at times, but enjoyable. Greys just got boring.
    To be honest, since Mark, I havent seen her really click with anyone. That notwithstanding, i dont want her with Mark either. Why can't she be a strong intependent woman who doesnt need a man to be happy.. i hate how they make her 'look' for one.. or whine when she doesnt have one.

I for one would stop watching if they hook her and Sam up. for me it doesnt work.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3866156;
    To be honest, since Mark, I havent seen her really click with anyone. That notwithstanding, i dont want her with Mark either. Why can't she be a strong intependent woman who doesnt need a man to be happy.. i hate how they make her 'look' for one.. or whine when she doesnt have one.

I for one would stop watching if they hook her and Sam up. for me it doesnt work.
    I agree. She did have chemistry with Mark Sloan, and she had chemistry with the married doctor who had the pregnant wife - but not Sam. I want Pete with Violet.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3866715;
    I agree. She did have chemistry with Mark Sloan, and she had chemistry with the married doctor who had the pregnant wife - but not Sam. I want Pete with Violet.
    When the show first started. Addy and Pete had chemistry. Remember that kiss when they first met? Now though, too much has happened and it's different. They feel like friends with benefits.

I don't know that Violet is ready to be with anyone, but I think she can work on being a mother and building her relationship with Pete again. I guess we'll see what condition she's in when she finally comes back.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

She was hot with the Doc who was married to her pregnant patient. It was a bummer that was a bad scenario from the get go.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I just wondered which team everyone was on (since the commercials are urging us to pick):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Team Violet or Team Addison

Personally, I think that Violet should get to spend time with her son slowly, like Pete is thinking. Lukas needs time to get to know her and Pete needs to see that she is stable. Therefore, I'm on team Pete

spoilered since it hasn't aired everywhere yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3883784;
    I just wondered which team everyone was on (since the commercials are urging us to pick): Team Violet or Team Addison

Personally, I think that Violet should get to spend time with her son slowly, like Pete is thinking. Lukas needs time to get to know her and Pete needs to see that she is stable. Therefore, I'm on team Pete
    I'm on Team Pete too. I think the Violet vs. Addy thing is stupid. It's not about those two, it's about Violet and Pete. I used to like Violet, but I'm not happy with her now. I was hoping she'd come back and be the old Violet who wanted to be with Pete and her baby. She abandons her baby and Pete raises him alone for all that time and then, suddenly, when Violet has some miraculous epiphany, she thinks she should have full custody of Lucas?

I also think the Violet vs Addison thing is stupid. Violet is delusional if she thinks that since she had this sudden breakthrough and decide she wanted to be a mother that she can swoop in after 8 months or so and take full custody--as if Pete was just a baby sitter during her crazy period. It doesn't work that way. He has been raising his son alone the whole time and he has a right to be concerned with letting her back in Lucas' life. Violet should get to spend time with him slowly and she should be willing to do that instead of trying to go and sue Pete for custody after being back a few days. Next week doesn't look good for her, but hopefully a judge would not give her full custody and arrange some sort of slow buildup of visits. I don't know--in my state it seems like they always favor the mother no matter what. There was a local case where a woman left her kids with her ex and ran off with a guy. The father raised the kids alone and then she comes back a year or so later and takes him to court for custody. The judge basically gave her back the kids even if she did abandon them. And the father was a good guy--didn't drink, do drugs, beat them, and had a good job, so it wasn't because there was something wrong with the father.

Anyway, I could care less about Addison. It is not about her. She isn't his mother. She has no place in this fight. I also am sure that even with Violet back, she would have been able to see Lucas any time.

+ Reply to Thread