+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 82 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Private Practice

It's been a while since there was any action on here. So I'll start. I know that Addison felt betrayed by her parents; but, I felt like finding out that her mom is a lesbian affected her more than it should have. If I were in that situation I think that I would be glad that my mom was happy and that a lot of things that happened in the past would begin to click into place. I also loved how Sam went over there and stood up for Addison.

I also agree with Del's decision to not let Betsy see Heather before she died, but for different reasons. I think Betsy should have gotten to say good-bye; but, I would not want my child's memory of their mother to be her looking completely different and rather gross.

I didn't take it as she was mad because her mom was a lesbian, I took it as she was mad because for so much of her life she thought her dad was the one who was lieing & cheating and her mom was the victim in all of it and not the other way around. She had sacrificed her relationship with her dad because she thought he was cheating on her mom when that wasn't the case.

All around a great episode last night!

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2;3762194;
    I didn't take it as she was mad because her mom was a lesbian, I took it as she was mad because for so much of her life she thought her dad was the one who was lieing & cheating and her mom was the victim in all of it and not the other way around. She had sacrificed her relationship with her dad because she thought he was cheating on her mom when that wasn't the case.

All around a great episode last night!
    They were kind of both cheating, which doesn't make it right, or better.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Watched for the first time in a long time....what morass of a mess the practice is. Naomi no longer trusts any memories of either her friendship or her marriage, and I don't see how that will easily change. Addison seems to be with Pete who calls out Violet's name in his sleep and Violet comes back from somewhere to surprise Pete, Addison and baby looking all family like. Addison and Naomi's ex lust for each other. The pediatrician's ex is having revenge sex with Sheldon and anyone else who moves. Naomi is cheating on some out of town boyfriend that I missed with a new doctor in a wheel chair. Dell is looking like a beacon of sanity in all this. He used to have the hots for Naomi, maybe he'll make a move as well.
    Way, way too much incestuous involvement!!!! I don't see how it can ever provide a semblance of a normal work life again.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3863616;
    Watched for the first time in a long time....what morass of a mess the practice is. Naomi no longer trusts any memories of either her friendship or her marriage, and I don't see how that will easily change. Addison seems to be with Pete who calls out Violet's name in his sleep and Violet comes back from somewhere to surprise Pete, Addison and baby looking all family like. Addison and Naomi's ex lust for each other. The pediatrician's ex is having revenge sex with Sheldon and anyone else who moves. Naomi is cheating on some out of town boyfriend that I missed with a new doctor in a wheel chair. Dell is looking like a beacon of sanity in all this. He used to have the hots for Naomi, maybe he'll make a move as well.
    Way, way too much incestuous involvement!!!! I don't see how it can ever provide a semblance of a normal work life again.
    So the whole Pete and Addison thing...they decided to sleep with each other since neither could have the person that they really want (Violet and Sam). It's nothing more than that, although Addison had alluded to falling for Lukas (the baby) but not Pete.

Naomi's out-of-town boyfriend is the owner of the practice she heads. It was never really established that Naomi and this guy were dating exclusively. They were going on dates; but, nothing that really struck me as exclusive boyfriend-girlfriend. Then she found out that the guy in the wheel chair (I can't remember his name) had a crush on her and he sort of tricked her into going on a date with him. And she enjoyed it.

In general, I think that Naomi has just been through a lot in the past little while. I mean, she pushed for her teenage daughter to get an abortion (something she's against) then sort of supported the marriage. Her daughter not only starts going to Sam, but Addison, and her boyfriend's mom when she needs something, not Naomi. She has fallen not only for her boss; but, for her co-worker who she used to despise. Plus, she has the whole Sam-Addison thing to deal with.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't forget that Naomi also just found out that her "boyfriend" is dying from ALS and has left the country for treatment.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3863894;
    Don't forget that Naomi also just found out that her "boyfriend" is dying from ALS and has left the country for treatment.
    .... and didn't tell her anything about it!

Still, I've been annoyed with Naomi for a while now. Her reaction to Maya's pregnancy and marriage was so beyond the pale. I get that she was disappointed, but I couldn't believe how she treated her daughter. Then her reaction to Sam and Addison....man, was Addy right. Even though they stopped at just a kiss because of Naomi, she just flipped out. I sort of agree with Sam, they should have just gone for it because Naomi's reaction would have been the same. Addy was trying to be loyal to her friend and it just blows up in her face.

When the series first started, I wanted to see Addy and Pete together, but now I don't. They're obviously just together for comfort and because they can't be with the people they really love. I hope that whole situation is, at least, on the way to being set right by the end of the season. Violet and Pete should be together (as long as Vi is healthy, of course) and Sam and Addy should be together too.

I'm enjoying Naomi and Fife. He started out as kind of a creep, but he's growing on me (and obviously on Naomi too!) William is just a bit skeevy, imo. Plus, with him having ALS, that relationship isn't going anywhere. If he's seeking treatment in Europe, his condition must be pretty advanced. If so, it's pretty selfish of him to get into any kind of relationship without telling the other person the truth about his situation.

I have to say, I've actually been enjoying this show more than Gray's Anatomy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3863908;
    .... and didn't tell her anything about it!

Still, I've been annoyed with Naomi for a while now. Her reaction to Maya's pregnancy and marriage was so beyond the pale. I get that she was disappointed, but I couldn't believe how she treated her daughter. Then her reaction to Sam and Addison....man, was Addy right. Even though they stopped at just a kiss because of Naomi, she just flipped out. I sort of agree with Sam, they should have just gone for it because Naomi's reaction would have been the same. Addy was trying to be loyal to her friend and it just blows up in her face.

When the series first started, I wanted to see Addy and Pete together, but now I don't. They're obviously just together for comfort and because they can't be with the people they really love. I hope that whole situation is, at least, on the way to being set right by the end of the season. Violet and Pete should be together (as long as Vi is healthy, of course) and Sam and Addy should be together too.

I'm enjoying Naomi and Fife. He started out as kind of a creep, but he's growing on me (and obviously on Naomi too!) William is just a bit skeevy, imo. Plus, with him having ALS, that relationship isn't going anywhere. If he's seeking treatment in Europe, his condition must be pretty advanced. If so, it's pretty selfish of him to get into any kind of relationship without telling the other person the truth about his situation.

I have to say, I've actually been enjoying this show more than Gray's Anatomy.
    I agree with everything you have said, except one thing...if my best friend and my husband got together, I would wonder too if he was having secret fantasies about her the whole time...I think everything would be tainted for me as well. While I agree that Naomi has been over-reacting about most everything lately (especially Maya), I think I agree with her on Sam and Addison.

I think my irritation was just that her reaction to Sam and Addy was just one more "flip out" for her. She's spent most of the season blowing up at someone.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if I were in her position. Because I'm in my position and it's pretty clear that Sam and Addy were only friends until pretty recently, I want them to get together and am annoyed with Naomi. Addison definitely knew how Naomi would react though. I feel bad for Addy that, when she finally acts like an adult (her words), it ends up backfiring on her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3863969;
    I think my irritation was just that her reaction to Sam and Addy was just one more "flip out" for her. She's spent most of the season blowing up at someone.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if I were in her position. Because I'm in my position and it's pretty clear that Sam and Addy were only friends until pretty recently, I want them to get together and am annoyed with Naomi. Addison definitely knew how Naomi would react though. I feel bad for Addy that, when she finally acts like an adult (her words), it ends up backfiring on her.
    I, too, want them to get together! I'm just saying that in real life, I would feel the same as Naomi. No matter how much someone would tell me that their "feelings" just started, I would have tough time believing it.

I am also really hoping that Violet and Pete get together. Although, I'm thinking that both couples getting together will be a stretch. Of the two, I think I would rather see them explore Sam and Addison.

+ Reply to Thread