+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

I was crying too and felt rather silly for doing it but that's the mark of a really good show. The ability to make you cry when you really don't want to. I actually felt for both dad's in that situation. The one who did the switching and the one who was hurting so much that he couldn't let himself show it.

Powerful show and a great balance of humor and drama. Easily becoming one of my favorite shows of the season (it and Dirty Sexy Money)

Much, much, much better than the first two. Still not so sure I like the replacement Naomi, but that bothered me less this episode. It was sad at the end. All of them are so fragile, so easy to identify with.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I did not like the doctor (Sam?) lying to his drunk patient at the end. For all he knew, the grandmother could've been lying to him. (Although I doubt she was.) A doctor isn't supposed to do that--even if the end result may be what's best for the patient. The whole thing just sat wrong with me.

The thing about the mixed up babies... Both sets wanted to keep the babies that they had raised as their own. The mothers clearly didn't want to switch. Wouldn't a legal adoption have been possible, so that each set of parents kept the baby they had raised? It would've been different if the mother with the sick baby WANTED to swap so that she got back her healthy baby, but she was so heartbroken about it. What a horrible situation... I got choked up, too...

I don't like this Naomi. I like the other one (from "Alias" and "Malcolm in the Middle") much better. This one just has no personality...

Gosh, the Amy Brenneman character is such a mess, isn't she? Even after all she went through with Alan, she still went over to give him the bike... I wish she would've donated it to charity or a Boys Club or the Girl Scouts or Goodwill or something. But in lieu of that, I thought it was funny when she asked Paul Adelstein if he would help her drive her car over it.

Sadly, I can't remember any of their names.

Timothy Daly was looking hot as ever ...

FORT Fan

I was bawling at the end of this episode. Great episode!

I think I am in the minority for liking Audra McDonald as the new Naomi. I think she is showing more depth and complexity than the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by melverine;2598344;
    I was bawling at the end of this episode. Great episode!

I think I am in the minority for liking Audra McDonald as the new Naomi. I think she is showing more depth and complexity than the other one.
    well, I'm in the minority with you with you. I have loved Audra McDonald for a long time, I liked the other actress too, I'm a huge fan of King of Queens but I was so excited that Audra had taken over the role.

BTW Audra has a remarkable singing voice!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I don't like this Naomi. I like the other one (from "Alias" and "Malcolm in the Middle") much better. This one just has no personality...
    I still long for Merrin as well. It's been hard to keep up with this show because of Gossip Girl and Bionic Woman.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I couldn't help but think as I watched the mothers switching the babies, why couldn't they just petition the courts to keep the daughters they had already bonded to? It might sound cruel BUT the younger couple can have more babies and the older can't and that poor woman.... her husband in jail for trying to make her happy (I do feel he switched those babies for her) and then to lose her healthy daughter (possibly the only biological child she will ever have) to get a sick one. Then there is the other mother, she can have another child and she didn't want to give up Emily. Such a sad situation.

I was also a huge disliker of the new Naomi but I'm coming around to her. I sort of liked her reactions to the stripper and how she wanted him to date somebody better than her.

I thought it was great that the male midwife didn't want Addison speaking for his group.... regardless of how well renown she was. Heh.. maybe she should have been nicer to him in the beginning?

And.... I'm really liking that female chief of staff. Maybe there is something there with her and Sam in the future? Wouldn't that get them all in an uproar?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2598544;
    I sort of liked her reactions to the stripper and how she wanted him to date somebody better than her.
    But no matter who Sam dates--a stripper or a Nobel Peace Prize winner--she's going to be angry. If he dates someone better than her, she's going to feel deficient, like, "Oh, I wasn't smart enough. I suck."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

much better than last week. And I too was crying like a baby at the end. How heartbreaking for both sets of parents.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

To think I almost didn't watch last night. It was sad for both mothers. The biological mother of the sick child loved both girls, can't say I blame her for wanting her biological child knowing she was ill, that is her baby no matter what happens.

The father of the child that was ill, he couldn't bear to lose her to illness and now to another couple.

+ Reply to Thread