+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 82 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Private Practice

ACF, I was wondering the same thing about the no compete clause. Addison is not a stupid woman, why didn't she do that.

Was anyone else annoyed with the young single mother? She used Dell to get the help she needs to get through the pregnancy (financially). She has no intent on giving that baby up. If this is going to be a regular storyline, I would like to see Dell rat the girl out. What she is doing is just wrong? Giving false hope to someone that has infertility problems and realizes that the best way to have a child of their own is to adopt, is just wrong in my eyes (but I'm dealing with infertility, so it hit close to home). Now, before everyone jumps on me and says that it happens in real life, I know that but it's still wrong no matter how you look at it
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My husband who is adopted didn't know that this sort of thing can happen in real life.
    Because years ago WE had been discussing the possibility of adoption someday, I knew all about it.
    He was VERY up in arms about that part of the show. As was I, although it wasn't a new concept to me so it didn't have the same shock value. I was so frustraited with Dell attempting to tell Naomi and then being interrupted... I just groaned "Ok so it's back to not listening to Dell again"

My heart ached for Charlotte a bit last night. You could tell a part of her hoped that the pregnancy scare would get her and Cooper back together. I actually hope they eventually do and don't drag it out as another reason for 4th and 5th floor to be combattive.

I also didn't like the poor short shrink shying away from Violet because she was "out of his league" I actually have been told that by a couple of people recently and it's a really hurtful blow, not a compliment. I just wanted to shake these people and say "if you knew how deeply flawed I was you would run from me to save yourself, not to save your ego" It does make me think twice though when I see other people who I would cosider Out of MY league.

Also, Violet and Pete? How forced did that seem!? I mean, even with all the leading hints and foreshadowing they just have zero chemistry. I thought they seemed more like caring siblings than romantic partners.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Couldn't find the Misc. Celeb. News thread, so I thought I'd post this in here.

Lifeline Live: Celebrity Gossip & Entertainment News from Hollywood

Kate Walsh's husband files for divorce
    Breaking: Entertainment Tonight is reporting that Private Practice star Kate Walsh's husband Alex Young has filed for divorce from the actress, citing irreconcilable differences. Walsh and Young married in September of 2007 in a fairy tale setting in the town of Ojai north of Los Angeles. Guests included former Grey’s Anatomy co-stars Katherine Heigl (with fiance Josh Kelley), Chandra Wilson, Sara Ramirez (she was in the wedding party) and Justin Chambers (with wife Keisha), as well as the show’s creator Shonda Rhimes. A gospel choir sang Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts at the beginning of the ceremony.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3249649;
    Couldn't find the Misc. Celeb. News thread, so I thought I'd post this in here.

Lifeline Live: Celebrity Gossip & Entertainment News from Hollywood

Kate Walsh's husband files for divorce
    Breaking: Entertainment Tonight is reporting that Private Practice star Kate Walsh's husband Alex Young has filed for divorce from the actress, citing irreconcilable differences. Walsh and Young married in September of 2007 in a fairy tale setting in the town of Ojai north of Los Angeles. Guests included former Grey’s Anatomy co-stars Katherine Heigl (with fiance Josh Kelley), Chandra Wilson, Sara Ramirez (she was in the wedding party) and Justin Chambers (with wife Keisha), as well as the show’s creator Shonda Rhimes. A gospel choir sang Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts at the beginning of the ceremony.
    Well, that's got to suck!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

That sure didn't last long....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3249131;
    And it's really been bugging me that someone as smart as Addison wouldn't have a no-compete clause written into the lease agreement when she rented out the 4th floor. And nobody even called her out on it when they found out about Charlotte's practice. They were upset but nobody once mentioned why didn't she find out who she was leasing to first. Seems like one of the first rules of business to me. And I didn't know Naomi owned the whole building! Kind of makes you wonder why they can't keep the practice afloat with all the other lease money they must be getting. I guess paying double board certified surgeons as well as all the other staff must be pretty expensive.
    But if she had included a no-compete clause, then we wouldn't have the new storylines that the other practice bring to the table, having characters who are the "alter-ego" of each doctor in the practice. Sure it would make better business sense, but it would not make for better storylines!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3249242;
    I also didn't like the poor short shrink shying away from Violet because she was "out of his league" I actually have been told that by a couple of people recently and it's a really hurtful blow, not a compliment. I just wanted to shake these people and say "if you knew how deeply flawed I was you would run from me to save yourself, not to save your ego" It does make me think twice though when I see other people who I would cosider Out of MY league.

Also, Violet and Pete? How forced did that seem!? I mean, even with all the leading hints and foreshadowing they just have zero chemistry. I thought they seemed more like caring siblings than romantic partners.
    I think it's funny that the shrink had an inferiority complex to Violet since in real life Brian Benben is married to Madeline Stowe.

Violet and Pete?????? Where the h*** did that come from?????
    no chemistry whatsoever.

And as for the "no compete clause" everyone keeps mentioning, the office was set up in a matter of weeks. Just call it TV magic or law.

FORT Fan

^^^ Actually I was thinking a couple of weeks back that maybe Violet and Pete should try something. I can't remember what scene they were doing together but I thought I picked up on something. I'm not getting my hopes up though.

This show is growing on me and so is Charlotte. I like her scenes with Addison and I like Addison and her boyfriend (probably because I loved the guy on GG). Now if Dell could just get some lovin' I'd be a happy camper.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I swear i said last year that their relationship wouldn't last. Too bad i was right.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

So now Addison is without a man again. Argh, I want her to just be happy, too much drama for her!! When did she get that cute haircut?
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread