+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Great episode. While it didn't seem like there was A LOT in terms of moving the story along, I think there was a lot revealed about the characters and their respective pasts or their lives outside of being doctors.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

now see I felt it was a lot as far as moving the story along.

Addison running the office, becoming stronger and more out spoken
    Naomi and Sam getting back together
    Coop and Charlotte trying to have a real relationship
    Addison admitting she’s falling for her SWAT dude
    Vi showing us there is something in her past that still gets to her.. that has HUGE potential
    Pete having the chance at a real relationship as well.. not sure I like Meg tho, I can't think of who the actress is, but her overbite gets me
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Me too! It's so distracting! And I don't like the character's attitude either.

The moment at the end with Cooper and Charlotte was touching
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3226249;
    now see I felt it was a lot as far as moving the story along.

Addison running the office, becoming stronger and more out spoken
    Naomi and Sam getting back together
    Coop and Charlotte trying to have a real relationship
    Addison admitting she’s falling for her SWAT dude
    Vi showing us there is something in her past that still gets to her.. that has HUGE potential
    Pete having the chance at a real relationship as well.. not sure I like Meg tho, I can't think of who the actress is, but her overbite gets me
    Jane Brooke. She was on Chicago Hope, but I remember her best as the really rude receptionist in "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead". Everytime I see her, I want her to be saying "You need to look for the sign that says per-SO-nnel".

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3226263;
    Jane Brooke. She was on Chicago Hope, but I remember her best as the really rude receptionist in "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead". Everytime I see her, I want her to be saying "You need to look for the sign that says per-SO-nnel".
    THATS it.. i never watched any of her other shows but have seen tha tmovie a hundered times thanks
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

AHHH!! That's right! the rude receptionist! Thank you
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Now I was going to say I really like the actress who played Meg, and I hope she sticks around! I've always liked her--she played a kind of lab rat in Chicago Hope and I liked that she wasn't all glammed up, but actually looked like and dressed like the researchers I know--you know, the way Sarah on CSI used to look before some new make up artist took over a couple of seasons in---and this actress generally plays characters like that--non-glam women. I like that even though she sees he's surrounded by much more glamourous women (although Vi is looking prettydowdy these days--more so than she used to--I hope they are not going to tie that to whatever rape experience she apparently had--to late to suddenly make her unglam), Meg has no doubts about her appeal.
    Of course if she sticks around that could interfere with the eventual Addison/Pete hook up---Meg/Peter seem to have a lot in common, smoking aside. Hope that isn't a prelude to her having lung cancer.

FORT Fan

I didn't like the story line where the woman wanted her virginity back -- dumb. As for the show in general I like the cast, I think they are all pretty likable and fairly interesting and the Charlotte character has been a surprise, what great chemistry her and Coop have, I loved the scene at the end when they just talked -- it was sweet and funny in that she was dressed like a dominatrix and he totally got to her -- the tears were sweet. Last season I didn't like Coop's character, they made him creepy, I think they mentioned on more than one occasion he liked to date young girls from the internet, I think the writers are trying to change that (probably realized that was a big mistake, who is going to root for a character like that) in this episode they explained him to be on an 'adult' site which is still creepy in that he was naked but I understand it as him and Charlotte are very experimental.

angelwings Coop and Charlotte met on an adult site so what ever they were into was mutual... they are both commitment-phobes and that seems to be changing.

I didn't like the muslim girl wanting her virginity back either - mostly because I know that this is truly how women fit into the culture of her birthplace. If the mother and daughter had told the father that she gave up her virginity willingly, by the laws of his belief he could have had to kill her (honour killing). This is a reality for millions of women, it wasn't stupid it was heartbreaking, while I know in my heart that the practice is wrong I feel unable to judge that which I don't know.

I like Pete and Meg together and Addison and SWAT-boy together. Office romances suck. They get so circular and incestuous afterwhile (ER- case in point)
    Happy to see Naomi and Sam working things out.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3226653;
    Now I was going to say I really like the actress who played Meg, and I hope she sticks around!
    I loved her character and the hint into PeteR's past

+ Reply to Thread