+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Bionic Woman

Re: Bionic Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Annika;2698567;
    Wow. I'm wondering if we're allowed to kvetch on all the things wrong about this show/series. I so wanted it to succeed, and all they've managed to do is bungle it. It was just ripe for a blockbuster tv hit, and so far, I've been watching a train wreck, unable to tear my eyes away.

New-Jamie uses her running legs way too often and in crowded situations where way too many people can see her. How on earth is her bionics even still a semi-secret? The old-Jamie was much more cautious about revealing her powers and wasn't running in crowded areas to show off her bionic legs. Same goes for New-Jamie's leaps up onto buildings...

And speaking of running and jumping, bionic or no, why does she wear those retarded high-heel boos? Okay, they're sexy on one level, but they mostly look stupid at this point. And she wears the same outfit every episode - dark jeans, black leather jacket. It stopped looking cool after about the 40th day in a row. Do some laundry. Go clothes shopping.

And the biggest stupid of them all - how one day she's a drifter/bar tender, the next day (practically) she's sent on high risk missions? Asked to take people out? I laughed out loud when she had the rifle in her hands in the last episode, as if she'd have the first clue on how to load it with ammo... and for that matter, all that work on her chop-chop-marital arts skills, but no montages teaching her how to handle a gun and maybe issue her one? 50 million dollars of investment, and they have her traipsing all over the world alone, untrained, unarmed, unpredictable and basically unloyal... (she didn't kill the guy like she was ordered).

So bad. No real center to the show. They should close shop and revamp this series from the ground up.

The weekly story line of hiding it from her sister is really getting boring.

Annika
    I too have very high hopes for this show but they very quickly vanished about 15 minutes into the premiere. I truly hope they manage to retool and save this show and it has so much potential.

Supposedly she did have either 3 weeks or 3 months of training before her first mission. But sending her out to be a sniper/assasin. That takes special training and a particular mindset. Just because you are a 'special agent' does not mean you can just 'kill' people. There is horrible writing and no direction at all on this show. After watching this show the writers should be ashamed to ask for money from the studio let alone go on strike.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Bionic Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2699725;
    I too have very high hopes for this show but they very quickly vanished about 15 minutes into the premiere. I truly hope they manage to retool and save this show and it has so much potential.

Supposedly she did have either 3 weeks or 3 months of training before her first mission. But sending her out to be a sniper/assasin. That takes special training and a particular mindset. Just because you are a 'special agent' does not mean you can just 'kill' people. There is horrible writing and no direction at all on this show. After watching this show the writers should be ashamed to ask for money from the studio let alone go on strike.
    well when it started I had high hopes..I thought it really had some serious potential...especially when she was going up against the other "bionic" woman....I was hoping they would go further with that story line..it could have been interesting....then they get her involved with the CIA guy and I saw some serious "SPARKS" there but we don't have enough time to get into it....then they kill Antionio...that was sad but this last episode was just awful...I couldnt' follow the story at all....I don't know if this one will be able to make it back even if they do resolve the writers strike...so I guess we will just have to wait and see...the networks have given the go ahead to a couple of shows I didn't think they should have...but I don't decide...IMO personally...just about ALL the new shows this season haven't been good at all
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678