+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Woman

Re: Bionic Woman

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2628988;
    Yeah, I kept waiting for them to download the textbook information to her brain somehow, also, even though I realize her brain isn't exactly bionic - but I think the reason it seemed like they could do that is, didn't they have fighting sequences programmed into her bionic limbs? When she was in the fight training sessions I think the guy mentioned it. So, how can an arm and leg be programmed to respond to certain fight combination sequences without the brain having that information?
    I'm glad I wasn't the only one confused. It just didn't make sense to me, because I assumed that in the first episode things were programmed in and the whole tracking/communications thing led me to believe they could just download it. Weird.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2629084;
    I think Phenomenon is on for 2 hrs next week......
    Yes.

I was wondering why she couldn't wear a tiny earpiece and have the scientist guy at the lab feed her the information. Good episode overall, however.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Had to go all the way to page 3 to find this thread.

Anywho....some news and its from the TV Guide. As we all know by know Bionic Woman was supposed to be a huge hit for NBC. It had 14 million viewers for the pilot but that dropped down to 7 million for the second. The folks who produced the pilot are not the same ones who produced the next couple of shows. Now while the viewership has fallen dramatically, the target group of young males 18-(now was that 29, or 39 or 49) has remained steadfast. This is an incredibly important marketing group, so NBC has decided to retool Bionic Woman. No Katie Sackoff is not replacing Michele Ryan although a recent poll shows viewers perfer Katie to Michelle 77% to 33%. Michelle is getting a boyfriend. Now I personally feel this is crap as she has just lost her boyfriend who looked as if he was becoming her fiance and the father of her child and on top of that all the trama of losing her limbs and becoming bionic and having to become a secret agent and maybe finding out dead boyfriend may have set her up, but that story arc was kinda unbelievable, I mean there are plenty of amputees the Berket Group has access to instead of taking a perfectly healthy girl and Boxing Helena her. Oh yeah, its like 3 months later and I am ready to bop whatever in pants. This woman has the emotional depth of a dead sardine. Do I find it believable? NO. Still I just might check out the new show, unless of course I find something more interesting to do like; take out the garbage or clean the cat box.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2653693;
    No Katie Sackoff is not replacing Michele Ryan although a recent poll shows viewers perfer Katie to Michelle 77% to 33%.
    I prefer Michelle myself, though I do like Katie. But I'm not a male aged 18-49 so maybe my opinion doesn't matter.
    Michelle is getting a boyfriend. Now I personally feel this is crap as she has just lost her boyfriend who looked as if he was becoming her fiance and the father of her child and on top of that all the trama of losing her limbs and becoming bionic
    I thought the CIA agent from the last episode was to be her new love interest? I guess that's what is meant by getting a boyfriend. I don't mind her having a love interest, personally. People grieve in different ways and it's not unusual for someone to have lost someone important and then get a new love interest in what others might seem to think to be too short a time. Anyhow, they haven't really been playing up her grief for her dead fiancee much. If they mention him it is more about why he had a secret dossier on Jamie, started before the two even met. I think her feelings toward him now are more of the ticked off/feeling betrayed variety and thinking how she didn't really know him as well as she thought, rather than purely fond memories of their time together.

FORT Newbie

I'm still watching so far, but I'll have to agree with the others who have said that the writing is weak and the acting could be better too, including the lead, Michelle Ryan (although she is doing a pretty good job as an American).

I actually liked the introduction of the new CIA agent as her new love interest. From what I've read, NBC is retooling the show for a relaunch in order to get more viewers on board. Here's hoping Sarah Corvus is a part of that relaunch!

Well, this can't be good! No one has bumped this in a week. No wonder the ratings have tanked.

It's worth a second look, folks.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by snapcat;2677166;
    Well, this can't be good! No one has bumped this in a week. No wonder the ratings have tanked.

It's worth a second look, folks.
    I'm a fan but noone hear really comments on it so I don't bother either.

Regarding last week's episode, I was sad that Antonio died as I quite liked him. But I knew that the actor's run on the show was a limited one. I'm liking Jamie's interaction with the CIA agent.

No episode this week (can't remember what they have on instead).

Nope, no Bionic Woman this week. We have the Thanksgiving Deal or No Deal extravaganza. LOL!

FORT Regular

Wow. I'm wondering if we're allowed to kvetch on all the things wrong about this show/series. I so wanted it to succeed, and all they've managed to do is bungle it. It was just ripe for a blockbuster tv hit, and so far, I've been watching a train wreck, unable to tear my eyes away.

New-Jamie uses her running legs way too often and in crowded situations where way too many people can see her. How on earth is her bionics even still a semi-secret? The old-Jamie was much more cautious about revealing her powers and wasn't running in crowded areas to show off her bionic legs. Same goes for New-Jamie's leaps up onto buildings...

And speaking of running and jumping, bionic or no, why does she wear those retarded high-heel boos? Okay, they're sexy on one level, but they mostly look stupid at this point. And she wears the same outfit every episode - dark jeans, black leather jacket. It stopped looking cool after about the 40th day in a row. Do some laundry. Go clothes shopping.

And the biggest stupid of them all - how one day she's a drifter/bar tender, the next day (practically) she's sent on high risk missions? Asked to take people out? I laughed out loud when she had the rifle in her hands in the last episode, as if she'd have the first clue on how to load it with ammo... and for that matter, all that work on her chop-chop-marital arts skills, but no montages teaching her how to handle a gun and maybe issue her one? 50 million dollars of investment, and they have her traipsing all over the world alone, untrained, unarmed, unpredictable and basically unloyal... (she didn't kill the guy like she was ordered).

So bad. No real center to the show. They should close shop and revamp this series from the ground up.

The weekly story line of hiding it from her sister is really getting boring.

Annika

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast