+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Woman

Re: Bionic Woman

10/17/07 show comments

Jaime has 5 yrs to live and then the anthracites kill her. mmmm...... if the show lasts that long.

This show could be better if the lead was a better actress.... she is just not milking it for all that it is worth. She comes across so incredibly naive I just want to shake her.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

I honestly really like this show. I like how there is over-arching storylines about Sarah & about Jamie's life as a Bionic Woman and then show-specific storylines (the town where everybody disappeared, taking care of the Defence Minister's daughter etc).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I liked the show enough to keep watching, but I agree that it fell far short of my expectations. The lead actress is not right for the role. Hopefully it will get better.

I watched tonight while I was cooking and I didn't understand something. She had to pose as a student and it was all neurobiological information that she was supposed to know. Couldn't she just somehow have that information downloaded in her brain? Forgive me for the silly question, but I don't get how her bionics work.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2628506;
    I watched tonight while I was cooking and I didn't understand something. She had to pose as a student and it was all neurobiological information that she was supposed to know. Couldn't she just somehow have that information downloaded in her brain? Forgive me for the silly question, but I don't get how her bionics work.
    her brain ain't bionic, she not exactly a robot and can't be downloadd

her eye, arm, and legs i think are the spare parts

this episode was better than the rest

i suspect the absense of her sister in exchange for the random asian roomate mighta had something to do with it

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2628584;

her eye, arm, and legs i think are the spare parts

this episode was better than the rest

i suspect the absense of her sister in exchange for the random asian roomate mighta had something to do with it
    Well, maybe. Remember in a previous episode Sarah Corvus told Jaime that the company kept track of her through a GPS in her bionic eye and also got a feed from her eye. I could see some techno geek using that connection to provide Jaime info through her eye or ear.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2628584;
    Yeah, I kept waiting for them to download the textbook information to her brain somehow, also, even though I realize her brain isn't exactly bionic - but I think the reason it seemed like they could do that is, didn't they have fighting sequences programmed into her bionic limbs? When she was in the fight training sessions I think the guy mentioned it. So, how can an arm and leg be programmed to respond to certain fight combination sequences without the brain having that information?

It was a nice relief not having the sister complain about Jaime being gone suddenly and for days, but at the same time, if any mission is going to make the girl complain about being neglected, sure seemed like that would've been the time, so not having that conversation between the two made it even more apparent.

Interesting, the CIA dude is going to be in the picture for at least another episode - for whatever reason, I was thinking they were going to try and develop a romantic interest with Jaime and the guy in the lab, but guess that will be on hold for the moment.

New episode in two weeks - what's on next week?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I think Phenomenon is on for 2 hrs next week......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2628988;
    Yeah, I kept waiting for them to download the textbook information to her brain somehow, also, even though I realize her brain isn't exactly bionic - but I think the reason it seemed like they could do that is, didn't they have fighting sequences programmed into her bionic limbs? When she was in the fight training sessions I think the guy mentioned it. So, how can an arm and leg be programmed to respond to certain fight combination sequences without the brain having that information?

It was a nice relief not having the sister complain about Jaime being gone suddenly and for days, but at the same time, if any mission is going to make the girl complain about being neglected, sure seemed like that would've been the time, so not having that conversation between the two made it even more apparent.

Interesting, the CIA dude is going to be in the picture for at least another episode - for whatever reason, I was thinking they were going to try and develop a romantic interest with Jaime and the guy in the lab, but guess that will be on hold for the moment.

New episode in two weeks - what's on next week?
    Halloween is next Wednesday. Too many of the valued 18-24 young males out partying??

I caught this show for the first time last night and from the comments on here, it seems I picked a decent one to start with (comparatively). I thought the show was okay. Have to agree with some others about the incongruity between Jamie's tough-girl look and wide-eyed acting/portrayal.

I recently read that NBC ordered more scripts so it may stick around for a while.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast