+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Woman

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Bionic Woman

Quote Originally Posted by chipnreichenfan;2594528;
    I was glad to see "yokas" back on tv, love her new look
    I haven't seen this yet ( and probably won't from what you all are writing--was a big fan of the original, so too bad this won't fly). What part does "yokas" play? I was a huge fan of that character/actress.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2601646;
    I haven't seen this yet ( and probably won't from what you all are writing--was a big fan of the original, so too bad this won't fly). What part does "yokas" play? I was a huge fan of that character/actress.
    Yeah, Molly Price rocks, doesn't she? She plays one of the higher ups in the organization (can't remember its name). She went on a mission this week with Jamie.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was hoping this would be The Bionic Woman with a touch of Xena. That is what I would have done with it....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly;2601830;
    I was hoping this would be The Bionic Woman with a touch of Xena. That is what I would have done with it....
    That would have been fun.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I'm catching all my usual shows now-later on, so there was nothing for me to watch during the BW timeslot, so I gave it another go. Even after missing last week's episode, I really didn't miss a lot and unfortunately, it's still not worth investing a season in. Too bad really, so much potential wasted.

Gotta give it to Katie Sackoff/Sarah Corvus she does scary crazy really well. BW really needs to step up her acting chops to compete on an even keel.

Premium Member

I'm trying to decide if I should stick with this show. I think so far at the end of each episode, it's just felt so lackluster. Maybe I'm expecting the show to have some climactic moments, but they just never seem to occur. I feel like the real storyline is Jaime vs Sarah, oh, and with the odd mission to save the world thrown in around it.

For example, this week's epsiode - in the beginning Jaime is told to detain a very bad man until back up arrives. I'm thinking, cool, the start of a big mission coming up. So, she knocks him out, and thus the mission is completed in under 2.8 minutes, and clearing the way to move on to next mission. Great, let's hope the next one is more thrilling. You know, something like, hmmm, oh yeah, babysitting.

So, for the rest of the show, she is assigned a job babysitting for some reason which I missed. The climactic moment of this mission was a quick little fight scene, in which Jaime supposedly needs Sarah's help to complete. I just wasn't feeling it.

Meanwhile, we have to sit through 3/4 of the show with Sarah wanting Jaime's help, then wanting to kill Jaime, then needing Jaime, but still wanting to kill Jaime, repeat ad nauseam. That is not a story arc I want to see carried on much longer - I can't keep pulling for a character that is good one minute, bad the next so many times in a single episode - that kinda makes me not have any feelings for the character at all.

Anyway, like each week so far, by the time the show was over, I was still waiting for something to actually happen. So, can I expect more from the series as the season progresses, or is this how the episodes are going to be, you think?

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2608389;
    I can't keep pulling for a character that is good one minute, bad the next so many times in a single episode - that kinda makes me not have any feelings for the character at all.
    I find Sarah a compelling character precisely because she swings between good and bad.

I agree with you about the babysitting job being lame, not to mention the first aborted task being rather pointless as well. I liked how she handled the guy, trying to delay him in a friendly way and when that didn't work knocking him out. And then...nothing.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

show sucks

this is on par with "Birds of Prey" (remember how bad that was)

the worst part of the show is the silly attempts at humor.

the whole b-story with babysitting kyle-xy cancer girl was meh. (what was the point; to use up alot of the 44 minutes)

ivan erwich from 24
    -----

this show has to be bad when the best part to me was her slammin the dude head into the steering wheel

sot: i would have never known that gal was british; i guess they can do better 'american' accents than we can do british

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2609726;
    show sucks

this is on par with "Birds of Prey" (remember how bad that was)

the worst part of the show is the silly attempts at humor.

the whole b-story with babysitting kyle-xy cancer girl was meh. (what was the point; to use up alot of the 44 minutes)

ivan erwich from 24
    -----

this show has to be bad when the best part to me was her slammin the dude head into the steering wheel

sot: i would have never known that gal was british; i guess they can do better 'american' accents than we can do british
    Now that you bring up the Birds of Prey reference (this show had so much potential and it was totally blown - what is it about TV writers that they have a hard time writing about a group of strong independent women. The idea of a bunch of powerful babes perferably in skimpy outfits kicking ass would sell so well to the male 18-34 market after all look at all those video games that feature female leads that are so popular), BW is a tad better because at least you have Katie Sackoff doing a great job playing intense, crazy Sarah Corvus.

This show would be better if the lead actress could only act as gritty as they are trying to make her look. They are putting her in black jeans and leather jacket. She has the height and leg length. The dark hair and pale skin is a refreshing look. Its when she opens her mouth that I just don't buy tough or gritty. She is acting like the 14 yr old fresh, naive off the farm, good preachers kid that just moved in next door and it grates. She is a bartender after all and must have seen some really snarky crappy stuff go on and yet her acting is like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-12-2007 at 08:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast