+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Woman

Re: Bionic Woman

Yeah, I agree with Bearcata. It's not that I'm so in love with the original. I love the idea of Bionic Woman. I just think that they missed the mark. The lead isn't strong enough and the writing isn't so hot. It was totally silly to have her fight the other bionic woman so soon and be so great. Just silly.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Well, Bionic Woman is on the cover of next week's TV Guide and there is a big article about the show and a 2 page photo of the cast, yes including that terrible actress from the imagined Battlestar Galactica.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Chip and Reichen#1 chipnreichenfan's Avatar

I was glad to see "yokas" back on tv, love her new look
    The greatest gift is to love and to be loved in return..The Moulin Rouge

Re: Bionic Woman 10/03/07 episode

Uh, how in the heck did the granddaughter survive? Jaime sees the town quarantined on TV, saves woman jumper, then decides to train with the "Agency" and then goes to the quarantined town supposedly 3 days later where everyone is dead (for the last 3 days) yet the granddaughter is alive in the basement brushing her teeth and has not noticed any dead bodies. That is a huge disconnect.

they need to fire the writers, director, editors, everybody responsible for this mess

the sound guy (sound like heroes) and the choreographer (of the fighting scenes) and the special efx guy get a pass, they did nothing wrong

while eps. 2 was more watchable than the pilot; the editing is bad, scenes and a-b story doesn't mesh; some scenes seemed like they belonged on a dvd as "deleted scene" they had no real purpose in advancing the story

the stupid moment where big sis and lil sis made up @ the end was

i guess the asian dude meeting up with BW#1 in the hotel after planting 2 bullets in her head last episode was to infer/forshadow maybe Jaime can't die either

garbage.

i'll watch 1 more week and decide whether to pull the plug (*IF* it last another week)

With over a 25% declince in key demos, I just don't see this show lasting. Yikes, not without major changes.

I think Jamie needs to be grittier, cause I am not totally buying the dark, bruised, betrayed heroine. Let's face it Katie Sackoff does it better. I must admit it was spooky seeing the first bionic woman and hubby meet then later her claim that she was hacked. How does that explain her murder attempt on Will and her fight with Jaime in the first episode. This show has elements were it could be really moody, spooky, edgy but it is not hitting its stride at all.

One thing that I do think was point on was the hand to hand combat training. In the old series just because you were bionic meant you were ssssooooo superior that you could just grab a bad guys fist and flip him over your head in super slo mo. I like that the new Jaime was in real trouble with the one soldier and taking some serious body blows. What was ridiculous was watching Jaime do one armed pullups. She has a bionic arm, how hard would that be, what she really needs to do is build up her strength in her organic arm.

CCL

Re: Bionic Woman 10/03/07 episode

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2599628;
    Uh, how in the heck did the granddaughter survive? Jaime sees the town quarantined on TV, saves woman jumper, then decides to train with the "Agency" and then goes to the quarantined town supposedly 3 days later where everyone is dead (for the last 3 days) yet the granddaughter is alive in the basement brushing her teeth and has not noticed any dead bodies. That is a huge disconnect.
    I didn't realize it was 3 days later. I thought the girl said she had seen her grandmother that morning. And she said that the truck had been going around the town the night before

I actually really enjoyed the second episode (seems like I was the only one). I liked Isiah Washington as well.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

This show turned out to be such a disappointment to me. I watched the first show and didn't really like it. Debated about the 2nd show. I ended up watching it, only to fall asleep. I didn't care to finish watching it. I ended up deleting it and deleting it out of my season pass on my TIVO. I had high hopes, too high apparently. The plot was difficult to follow, the acting wasn't great. It was just a choppy mess.

I was on on the Futon Critic and Bionic Woman is going to be on for a while because It was rated number 5 or 8 for the 18-34 male demographic. Still I do hope the writing improves as this series does have potential.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast