+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Woman

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Bionic Woman

the lead actress is one I'm not familiar with but I thought she was TERRIBLE. oh so terrible. that, plus the hard to fathom/follow plot AND holes within it, just sank this show for me. Not adding it to my DVR timer-list.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Premium Member

I was hoping we'd see Jaime doing some combat training before she decided to go after the evil bionic woman and somehow seemed to know all the fighting skills required. (And even then, if Jaime had been trained, with Sarah Corvus being like 90% bionic, still don't think she would've won.)

At the end when she says send whoever you want after me and I'll bury them one after another, I was like, uh, a bit too cocky too quickly there, considering you didn't even finish your first fight match, so how do you even know what they'll send after you?

So, I wasn't too impressed with the premiere, expected more, but maybe I hyped it too much in my mind. At least, I was hoping it would get better before they brought on Isaiah Washington....

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2590934;
    At least, I was hoping it would get better before they brought on Isaiah Washington....
    Isiah Washington is coming to Bionic Woman? One more reason not to watch the show. It has nothing to do with his homophobic comments earlier, moreso it has to do with the fact that I can't stand him! LOL

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2590941;
    Isiah Washington is coming to Bionic Woman?
    Yeah, most of the time I could barely tolerate his acting on Grey's, but this is the show he's ended up on, I guess. (I saw him in the previews, so I think we see him next episode?)

Wiki says: Recurring characters = Antonio Pope (Isaiah Washington) is an advisor in the Bionics program described as an "outsider with a mysterious agenda" with the power to either help Jaime or bring her down.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Ryan's a beautiful girl.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF74;2590357;
    I didn't like it was too boring and too stupid. I'm still true blue about the 70's Bionic Woman. This new one and the new Battlestar still sucks.:nono
    Ditto, Wolf. I hate, hate, HATE what they did to my original BG. Don't even get me started....

But this did sound intriguing. Yeah... right. Taught me a lesson, never ever watch remakes (movies or tv) of classic TV shows.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by technomage500;2589908;
    I was "mghh" Didn't do anything for me. Too many holes, to many leaps of logic, badly drawn characters, and terrible dialogue. Other than that it weas good. Considering this was the premiere and should be the "best" since they had so much time and budget I was not impressed.
    The least they could have done was given her character a law enforcement or military background...but then they would have had to make her older than 24. Just start picking civilians at random and giving them the $50 million operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;2591043;
    The least they could have done was given her character a law enforcement or military background...but then they would have had to make her older than 24. Just start picking civilians at random and giving them the $50 million operation.
    Well, when you are in LUV and the girl is pregnant with your baby and you are the resident genius doctor you can give civilians $50 million operations.

Obviously there are problems attaching organics to machines, they go crazy. I wonder how the Borg overcame that problem? I do believe it was the hive mind.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

well, Mr. Isiah Washngton will be out of another job, because i can't see this mess lasting more that 3-4 episodes before they pull the plug.

maybe it'll die as fast as The Donelly's

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2591490;
    well, Mr. Isiah Washngton will be out of another job, because i can't see this mess lasting more that 3-4 episodes before they pull the plug.

maybe it'll die as fast as The Donelly's
    Seriously doubt it. While the show has it's faults there are much worse running currently. Painkiller Jane comes to mind. Personally I do not have a problem with imagined shows, especially when the originals just plain sucked. (Galactica not so much the Bionic Woman). Yes the originals have their fans as well as the reimagined shows. You can enjoy both. There is almost 30 yrs between the original and the reimagined ones. Even the great movies are remade: King Kong and others are great examples. There is an audience for all of these stories.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast