+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bionic Woman

Re: Bionic Woman

i watch this a couple hours ago and deleted it off the dvr

NBC would have been better off airing reruns of the OG show; the lion episode preferrably

this looked like it belonged on the CW with Smallville

Well, it beat out Private Practice for shares. Though PP won in overall viewers. Looks like it's not going anywhere for a while.

I was "mghh" Didn't do anything for me. Too many holes, to many leaps of logic, badly drawn characters, and terrible dialogue. Other than that it weas good. Considering this was the premiere and should be the "best" since they had so much time and budget I was not impressed.The " bad " bionic woman was not any good on Battlestar and still has not gotten any better.
    By the way Canadian Angel, where do you go to get the overnight ratings.

P.S. Oilers & Eskimos
    Last edited by technomage500; 09-27-2007 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Hit enter button
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

I was OK with it until Will got shot. Jaime didn't call the cops, ambulance, 911 she went after the Uber Bitch. That absolutely did not make any sense. If you loved the guy you take care of the guy.

Also it looked like Uber Bitch broke the none bionic arm and what, It healed itself. Again logic leap.

What I didn't like is when Jaime escaped from the facility, do we have any idea where it was and how did Jaime know how to get home?

He's 39 and she is 24...mmm and yet Will's dad didn't look that old. His late 40's early 50's. What did Will's dad have Will at age 12???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yeah, it was all bad. My biggest beef is with the other bionic woman and her terrible acting and why is she still alive and what's up with the guy she shagged. In premiers it's okay to have cliffhangers, but give us something! Like a plot we can follow.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I hate the idea of defending this against Bearcata, but I'm not buying all the hate just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2590095;
    I was OK with it until Will got shot. Jaime didn't call the cops, ambulance, 911 she went after the Uber Bitch. That absolutely did not make any sense. If you loved the guy you take care of the guy.
    As with her encounter with the scumbag in the alley, her super-chip kicked into high gear and override her logic to take care of him.

Also it looked like Uber Bitch broke the none bionic arm and what, It healed itself. Again logic leap.
    I would have thought that with the anthrocites coursing through them, it was repaired. Just as original bionic woman made it clear that she removed her "weak parts" only to have them replaced by imporved ones, this would imply the same technology.

What I didn't like is when Jaime escaped from the facility, do we have any idea where it was and how did Jaime know how to get home?
    It's possible that facility isn't too far from where she lives, if her boyfriend teaching classes and working there at the same time. With her running that fast, she probably could have intersected with a recognizable highway. I would chalk that up to a deleted scene more than a plothole.

He's 39 and she is 24...mmm and yet Will's dad didn't look that old. His late 40's early 50's. What did Will's dad have Will at age 12???
    They did their best to age Will's dad. He was only in his late 30s / early 40s when he was on Battlestar. I'd chalk that one up to bad casting....there have got to be a few actors out there who look older, unless they plan on making him get younger somehow....

I don't think their age difference is really that implausible, since they spent enough time asking each other why they were interested in each other. They made if fairly clear that they were an unlikely couple.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by technomage500;2589908;
    By the way Canadian Angel, where do you go to get the overnight ratings.
    I get them from all over. Usually they're posted at some of the major tv sites.

Quote Originally Posted by muggle;2590130;
    I hate the idea of defending this against Bearcata, but I'm not buying all the hate just yet.

As with her encounter with the scumbag in the alley, her super-chip kicked into high gear and override her logic to take care of him.

I would have thought that with the anthrocites coursing through them, it was repaired. Just as original bionic woman made it clear that she removed her "weak parts" only to have them replaced by imporved ones, this would imply the same technology.

It's possible that facility isn't too far from where she lives, if her boyfriend teaching classes and working there at the same time. With her running that fast, she probably could have intersected with a recognizable highway. I would chalk that up to a deleted scene more than a plothole.

They did their best to age Will's dad. He was only in his late 30s / early 40s when he was on Battlestar. I'd chalk that one up to bad casting....there have got to be a few actors out there who look older, unless they plan on making him get younger somehow....

I don't think their age difference is really that implausible, since they spent enough time asking each other why they were interested in each other. They made if fairly clear that they were an unlikely couple.
    Overall, I don't think it was a bad show and I am not really hating it. I do admit I did jump on the 'let's trash the show bandwagon' cause it was fun. The reimaging of Battlestar Galactica was so brilliant that I expected the same from this show and I wasn't quite grabbed. I am also a bit tired from trying to keep up with the fall premieres this week. I had watched Smallville and Reaper before watching my tape of BW. I also expected the lead actress to be much more edgy. There had been so much publicity about her and the show that I expected a bit more, like La Femme Nikita or something like that. The most passionate thing in the show was the brat, uh Jaime's sister. Who I truly wanted to dump in the Foster Care System. Haven't people ever heard of headphones (as far as listening to loud music and permanently damaging your ears). I like Jaime and Will and seriously though he was much younger than 39 (got the impression he was a genius so the younger age made sent). Also the apartment doors made no sense to me. What female would want a big frosted glass panel for her front door (in her apartment and the bedroom doors). That would make me very uncomfortable, cause people could tell if you were in your apartment. Is the glass strong enough to prevent a breakin? Even if it is, psychologically it would prey on my subconcious mind and I would not be comfortable in that apartment. I thought the idea of an original bionic woman was interesting and listening to the briefing, it sounded as if she had a military background and they were going to use her as a weapon. Why did she go around the bend? What's her story? What was a disconnect for me was the opening scene when number one went berserk and the security squad was following the trail of bodies and blood (isn't nice when the crazies make it easy to find them) it looked as if the leader was female and when number one asked "her" tell me that you love me I thought 'oh, number one is gay and the female is her lover', 'interesting angle'. Imagine my surprise when I realized the "female" in charge of the security team was a guy.

Overall I am glad that the networks and some cable channels (I hear HBO is doing the Sookie Stackhouse novels) are exploring alternate realities formerly known as sci fi and paranormal story lines. Lost and Hereos have opened up a lot of possibilities as far a story lines. But if I have a choice between Heroes and Bionic Women, I will stick with Heroes. Still Wednesdays makes for an interesting night as you can have your fill of estrogen by first watching America's Next Top Model and then Bionic Woman.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;2589317;
    Can't have a Bionic Woman without a Six Million Dollar Man, IMO
    OK, well what about the Bionic Boy and the Bionic Dog.

I didn't like it was too boring and too stupid. I'm still true blue about the 70's Bionic Woman. This new one and the new Battlestar still sucks.:nono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast