+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cane (CBS)

Re: Cane (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2588875;
    You really think he is wearing permanent eyeliner?? I know several males with gorgeous eyes like that, and they haven't had that done (not in "the business"...no reason to do it). I've even seen little kids with eyes like that.
    I've not had the pleasure of meeting anyone with eyes like his I guess . So maybe it's not cosmetic. It's still the first thing I notice about him.

Is the old man hanging around the baseball field Jimmy's father, I wonder?? I know he is the person who is thought to have killed Hector's little girl.
    I guess the point is moot now, considering what happened at the end

[QUOTE=ArchieComic Fan;2589540;]I've not had the pleasure of meeting anyone with eyes like his I guess . So maybe it's not cosmetic. It's still the first thing I notice about him.[QUOTE]

Nester Carbonell does have gorgeous eyes, but I doubt it's eyeliner. If you look closely, he has very thick, very long eyelashes on both his upper and lower eyelids. Those type of eyes, along with the dark brown irises, gives the impression of eyeliner.

As for this new show - actually I love it. Part of it is being from a Hispanic background (Mexican rather than Cuban) so I can relate, partly because of the good dramatic suspense and tension, and partly because of the gorgeous cast. The problem is that it is a series, and that seems to spell doom - a lot of people don't want to get involved in an ongoing serial and then have it yanked (think Nine, etc) when it fails to get high enough ratings.
    Last edited by aname; 09-27-2007 at 07:55 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Actually, it seems that guys always get the greatest lashes, haven't you noticed??? Not fair!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2589756;
    Actually, it seems that guys always get the greatest lashes, haven't you noticed??? Not fair!!!!
    Yup - my husband has the best eyelashes!!

Anyway, I watched the pilot and while I made it through the whole thing, I actually didn't care for some of the upcoming scenes from the season. I don't know what it was, but it just didn't do it for me. I do love Jimmy Smits and did enjoy him in this pilot, but not enough to watch the show any further. Oh well!

peachroses

Did anyone watch last night. Thoughts????
    Because I said so ....

Last night got me more into it than the pilot. But did they REALLY have a 3-minute conversation about government subsidies on primetime TV? Why?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Am I the only one who mixed up Henry and Jaime for half the pilot? They need to give them different haircuts! Well, I guess the military buzz will help with that.
    Didn't see the 2nd episode, and I love Smits and many of the other actors, so guess that's not a good sign. A little too dark for me, given what else I'm already watching.

I agree that the younger brother and Jimmy Smits's son look so much alike, it is hard to tell them apart.

peachroses

why isn't Cane showing tonight... anyone know?
    Because I said so ....

Quote Originally Posted by peach;2604488;
    why isn't Cane showing tonight... anyone know?
    It's not Tuesday yet. It's only Monday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast