+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Life - NBC

Re: Life - NBC

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2708852;
    I watched the first half of last nights show then I had to leave for work. Totally sucked! I couldn't believe how dark the zen master got. The last I saw he had a guy in the trunk of his car and was going after his partners dad. Please someone tell me what happend after that!
    I don't want to spoil it for you, but you can watch full episodes at NBC.
    Just hover your cursor over "Shows" and click the little blue arrow/circle next to "Life".

It doesn't work for me because I'm in Canada, but should work for Americans. If not - there are episode recaps there as well, just click on the actual title "Life" instead of the blue arrow/circle, hover your cursor on "ABOUT" (which reveals a menu), and click "Recaps".

It was the best episode yet, so if you can actually see it instead of reading about it - you'd be more satisfied I'm sure.

There's one thing I don't understand and maybe I missed it. But why did Rachel say it was Crews that shot her?

Because Kyle (the informant who killed the Seybolts) was now known as Reverend Orson Parker. He has raised Rachel as his daughter and she noticed that Crews called "her dad" by the same name ("Kyle" as opposed to "Orson Parker") as the guys who came looking for him earlier and stabbed her. Presumably these guys are "in" on the frame-up or at least work for someone who is, and they are trying to tie up loose ends.

Rachel, after hearing Crews call her dad "Kyle" assumed he might be one of the same group of guys and asked him if he was there to kill her father too, and when he didn't answer her (assuming at the time because he was indeed there with that intention) she tries to protect her "dad" by claiming to the police that it was Crews who stabbed her. I think she asumed they would arrest Crews and that she wouldn't have to worry about him hurting her "dad". Hope that helps

Yes that definitely does. Thanks! I must have missed the interaction because I don't remember much beyond him sitting with her.

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;2709057;
    I don't want to spoil it for you, but you can watch full episodes at NBC.
    Just hover your cursor over "Shows" and click the little blue arrow/circle next to "Life".

It doesn't work for me because I'm in Canada, but should work for Americans. If not - there are episode recaps there as well, just click on the actual title "Life" instead of the blue arrow/circle, hover your cursor on "ABOUT" (which reveals a menu), and click "Recaps".

It was the best episode yet, so if you can actually see it instead of reading about it - you'd be more satisfied I'm sure.
    Thanks for the response. The problem is I'm still on dial up and watching a two minute video takes about 30mins and is really choppy. I couldn't even attempt to watch a full show.

Well someone was on to Crews - probably minions of the group that put him away and the same guys who tried to get rid of the evidence (Rachel). As he was speeding around with Kyle in the trunk, an SUV came out of nowhere (yeah right!) and slammed his car, turning it on its roof with Crews still strapped into his seatbelt. His gun fell from the floor (now the roof) to the roof (now the floor) and just within reach. Two guys (presumably the same ones who stabbed Rachel or a faction thereof) came over to his upturned car pointing their guns at him and want to know where "Kyle" is. When they go for the keys to check the trunk, Crews snatches up his gun and shoots both of them in quick succession.

He then loads Kyle into the SUV and starts heading to the desert. He has Kyle outside of the SUV, taped up, sitting on the ground and starts digging a hole. Kyle thinks the hole is for him, and starts begging for his life, but Crews doesn't say a word and just keeps digging. Finally Kyle admits he killed the Seybolts, but that he didn't frame Crews. He says that Jack Reese and Seybolt were laundering the Bank of Los Angelas money through a bar that Crews owned with Seybolt. That Seybolt started getting greedy and skimming money. Jack sent Kyle to Seybolt's house to "straighten him out" and things went way wrong, and he ended up killing them. But that he DIDN'T set Crews up.

After Kyle's confession, the camera cuts to an image of a flip cell phone lying open (and on) behind Kyle. Crews had, unbeknownst to Kyle, called Constance (Crews' lawyer) and she heard the whole confession. After that Crews heads back to the hole, and Kyle (worried) asks again "What are you doing!?" Crews replies "Dig a Hole....Fill it Up."

At one point he takes Jack Reese onto the rooftop where his SWAT team was "training" the day the Bank of Los Angelas was robbed and hands him binoculars, so he can see his daughter (Crews' partner) taking Kyle into custody. Crews tells Jack "it's over" and to "come in" and "cut a deal". Jack refuses.

With the confession, Crews/Reese/Stark lead Kyle through the station and everyone gives him a standing ovation. It was kind of cheesy but meant to close a small chapter in the mystery, and conclude without ambiguity that Crews DID NOT kill his friend Seybolt.

Jack calls Crews on his phone, says he's not turning himself in, and says he has the evidence Crews wants (Rachel Seybolt - the only witness to the Seybolt murders), who it turns out was the girl being raised as Kyle Hollis' daughter and who was shot and lay bleeding in Crews' arms just hours before.

Crews takes off for the hospital where Rachel was taken by ambulance after her stabbing, calling en route to check on her, but it seems that Rachel Seybolt's (Hollis) records have disappeared.......she's gone.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by dodie430; 12-07-2007 at 11:51 AM.

Premium Member

So, Crews brings Kyle in and gets a standing ovation from his co-workers, isn't he going to be in trouble for continuing to pursue this case?

I don't like the fact that we are left to draw a complete blank regarding any motives as to why Crews was set up to take the fall in the first place, and why that Kyle dude took Rachel and raised her - there are just too many possibilities and we haven't been given any clues on why Crews was the target to be framed, but for me, the suspense is over - he caught the guy who did the killing and that should remove everyone's doubt or suspicions and people should stop looking at him differently now.

Honestly, though, I didn't even expect to have this much resolution at this point in time.

I didn't either, but I'm good with it. Still lots of mystery to figure out in my opinion. I, like others, enjoy the back story more than the "crime of the day" but still enjoy watching his quirkiness.

I think he was the target of the frame-up simply because he was convenient (business partners/friends with Seybolt) - but it'll be interesting to see if there's more reason than that behind it. I think there's still alot to tell here. But I'm biased I guess, it's one of my favorite shows.

I love this show. One of my favs all year! Not only do I like the weekly episodes, but Crews continuing search for the truth of his imprisonment.

But the best part, is all the zen talk that goes on. It's just a riot!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Life on NBC

Has anybody seen this show? I happened to see a minute of it before L & O. THe actress who plays his friend and an attorney is Brooke Langton. Brook Langton was on Melrose Place for a few years and looked totally different. Does anybody know what happened? Thanks

+ Reply to Thread