+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Life - NBC

FORT Fogey

Re: Life - NBC

This show has potential but the storyline so far is much too predictable. The shootout was boring formula writing as is the will the new partner turn on him or not usual police format. The mystery surrounding his being framed could be interesting. And there is good chemistry with Adam Arkin.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2590964;
    Yeah, was he 'complex, offbeat' before prison? Or was the prison experience supposed to have been the trigger? They made sure to show the viewers that he read Zen books in prison, but most of his so-called zen moments now seemed more like entry level philosophical topics to me and awkward to listen to.
    His old partner emphasized how he was a by the book, straight line cop who was putting in his time for his pention before being sent to jail.

I liked the show a little more tonight. He didn't seem quite so odd as he did last week.

He wasn't as quirky. I really liked him. Really liked the episode. I kind of find myself wishing that they'd focus on the whole mystery behind him being framed for the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2598235;
    I kind of find myself wishing that they'd focus on the whole mystery behind him being framed for the murders.
    I don't want that mystery solved to quickly because its one of the more interesting parts of the show. But I could difinately use more clues then what they're feeding us each week. I would really like to see his whole board and not just the little glimpses they've given us. It looks like he has a lot of info already gathered but they only give us a little crumb. I guess once he solves his own case he won't need to be a detective anymore and the show will end.

I agree. I don't want it too quickly, but definitely more than the 1-2minutes per show that's been given thus far. He's worked so much quicker than what we're getting to see.

I finally remembered to watch this last night. I loved it, I loved his quirkiness, I didn't quite get what his partner was doing in the bar or who she was trying to pick up, but I will enjoy seeing it again.

His partner has some skeletons in her closet. She's a recovering addict. I'm not sure what is up with her and the sleeping around she does though.

His quirkiness was cute last night. Last week it was more like, "what the hell is wrong with this guy" quirkiness.

This show might actually have some wheels to it. I enjoyed it much more.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I found myself enjoying the subplots more than the main crime tonight. I enjoy the interactions among the characters in this show though and regardless of the plot, I think that's what kept me interested when they were solving the murder.

+ Reply to Thread