+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Journeyman

Journeyman

From Emmy Award-winning writer-producer Kevin Falls ("The West Wing") and Emmy Award-winning director-producter Alex Graves ("The West Wing"), Journeyman is a romantic mystery-drama about Dan Vasser (Kevin McKidd, "Rome"), a San Francisco newspaper reporter and family man who inexplicably begins to travel through time and change people's lives. Along the way, he also must deal with the difficulities and stress at work and home brought on by his sudden disappearances.
    However, his freewheeling travels through the years reunite him with his long-lost fiancee Livia (Moon Bloodgood "Daybreak") - which complicates his present day life with wife Katie (Grechen Egolf, "Martial Law") and their son. Reed Diamond ("Homicide: Life On the Street") and Charles Henry Wyson ("The Cusious Case of Benjamin Button") also star.
    Journeyman is a production of 20th Century Fox Television. Falls is executive producer and director of the pilot.
    Series Premiere Monday, Sept 24 10pm/9c on NBC

I just saw the pilot and it kind of reminds me of Quantum Leap but the main character is married and he returns home.
    It didn't strike me as 'Can't miss' but I'll give it a chance.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Re: Journeyman

Your review of it seems kind of a 50/50. Would you agree with the general panning it is getting by other television critics?

I'm really looking forward to this show. My husband and I thought of Quantum Leap when we started seeing the previews. I didn't know it wasn't getting good reviews. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll like it.

Well if it's like Quantum Leap, I'll probably watch it. I just hope that it doesn't tank like QL
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

PWS
    FORT Fogey

QL was on for quite a while... I loved it. Not just for Scott Bakula and his side kick either! I used to watch with my kids and we'd discuss the history issues raised...civil rights movement, women's lives before the women's movement, etc.

I caught the pilot on OnDemand last night and LOVED it. Of course, as a huge fan of Rome and Kevin McKidd, I would watch is regardless. I will say that it will probably take a few episodes to really settle in. I hope the network gives it a little time. I wasn't sure how the whole thing with him and his wife would play out, but there's a scene at the end that really nailed it for me. I'll definitely be back for more
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Aww man, I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like it. I liked the story and the premise. Even the actors. But I was honestly bored by it. I wandered in and out of the room during it. I never do that.

FORT Fanatic

I liked it and will continue to watch. I'm always a little wary about starting a show like this, because I've been burned by cancellation too many times. But, on the chance that it's a hit, I'll keep on watching.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2585226;
    Aww man, I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like it. I liked the story and the premise. Even the actors. But I was honestly bored by it. I wandered in and out of the room during it. I never do that.
    I felt the same way. I like the actors, I like the premise, but the pacing just didn't hold my attention--I quit watching about half way through. I'll give it another shot though, since first epidosdes of any show often are a bit rocky.

LG.

so I was jumping back and forth between this and The Bachelor, but I caught most of this show. Did I understand it correctly that by saving that boy and his mother from being killed by the dad in 1987 that he actually saved his own son because that boy grew up to be someone who saved his son's life in a bus crash? What about all of the other consequences of that though? As a parent, I'd do the same thing, but really, isn't this going to tear a whole into the fabric of the universe? I do like how they all thought he was off getting drunk when he disappeared.

I know people are talking about Quantum Leap, but it reminds me more of the movie Frequency. Lovely and delicious Dennis Quaid. Of course in Frequency, when Dennis Quaid would mess around trying to save his dad in the past, he ended up causing other stuff to get screwed up in the present.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast