+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Journeyman

Re: Journeyman

I'm on the fence as to whether I'll be watching tonight. I'd like to see the episode, but there isn't ANY other programming I care to see this evening and right now it is iffy whether this is enough to tune into to view all by its lonely.

I hope they aren't burning through programs to be rid of a loser program as soon as they can manage. I'm inclined to believe they are just following the lead of the networks as a whole and how they have managed their programming over the last few years. I've missed plenty of 1st run episodes of shows of late because they followed hours of reruns. I'd been trained to assume that reruns follow reruns. I wish they'd do a better job advertising the fact that shows I follow are airing new episodes rather than leaving it up to the view to tune in and find out for themselves. Frankly, in the end, I don't care that much if THEY don't. They run several weeks of reruns, I'm going to assume the season is over unless they make it clear that it isn't. Right now it is a guessing game, an IRRITATING guessing game.

/rant

Back to Journeyman, and the show that aired Tuesday, I'm guessing that the mad professor knew precisely who Dan was and why he was there, even though he denied it. Why waste time eyeballing him as he departed otherwise?

Up to that episode, I don't believe I've ever noticed that Dan's wife has a sister; has she been shown before? I thought she was part of the time screw-up seeing her, till I wondered why Dan seemed familiar with her presence.

I think she's always had a sister but this is the first episode we've seen her.

So Dan and Livia are eyeballing each other a moment too long and I toss out my usual 'Kiss her, you fool' verbal jab, and am then immediately casting about with my eye looking for a school dance monitor to place some distance between the two. Can't they take a joke?

Katie is more forgiving, more committed to her man and her marriage than I believe is justified after his declaration of intent to keep on doing the good work he feels is now one of his primary reasons for being. It sounded to me that were he to be afforded with a choice, to go back to normalcy or continue his heroic ways, he's chosen to be hero dude even though it costs his loved ones in the process.

That kind of selfishness on his part out to have Katie leaving the light on as she indicated that she'd do, but only to better observe him tumbling down the stone stairs leading to the street after she kicked him toward the curb.

I watched Spiderman-2 the other night on tv (first time, entertained), and there were a couple of quotes that stood out in my mind, second one first.

Peter Parker's uncle tells him that 'with great power comes great responsibility', while Peter's doctor tells him 'you have a choice' (or words to the effect on both).

I believe the two quotes are best considered (for Journeyman) through combining them. With great power comes the great responsibility of making a choice. Dan, in my view, made the wrong one. It was an ill informed decision at best.

This show now has me thinking about Intelligent Design and whatnot. Considering that there are apparent rules applied to this game by an unseen manager who has the ability to penalize those going against the grain severely (as both Dan and Livia have discovered), I don't see how else to view what is taking place. What I find facinating is how whoever is behind the tweaking is able to determine in advance the beneficial outcome that can transpire through intervention.

I think about going back and tweaking events of the past from time to time as a intro stage to sleep, but it always goes haywire in my world(s). Given what passes in my mind for superhero approaching godlike powers, the best interventionist route that comes to mind is to do nothing at all. Otherwise, regardless of what good I set out to do initially, there comes a point where you're tweaking so much you're running a real risk of eliminating HUMAN from humanity.

Take out all the badness, sorrow, social and physical ills, injustice and inequity and the rest of the rot cursing humanity and what are you left with? Plantlike pod people.

Any word anywhere as to whether Journeyman is coming back? I kinda miss it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm almost 99.99% sure it has been cancelled. I'm sorry to say.

Just did a Wikipedia search and it confirmed that it has been cancelled....DAMN!!! This happens all the time, I get hooked and screwed by the network. Didn't this almost happen to Seinfeld and look what happened to that! Why when a show such as this doesn't do good on one network, they can't move it to SciFi or USA?? It was just getting going in answering the time travelling questions. Seems like networks such as NBC and FOX yank some shows too early.
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

I am sorry to hear this one has been canceled so soon!

I just watched Sixteen Candles last night and it was a little hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that "Farmer Ted" grew up to be the relatively un-geeky man he is today!!

One way or the other, fans should have an opportunity to see the 12th episode. Even if the series is cancelled and doesn’t finish its run on NBC, Falls says that a DVD release is planned. Still, he finds it upsetting, “What makes us so frustrated is that, at a time when writers are striking and networks need programming, why on earth would you not find a place for episode 12? And that’s the question for which nobody seems to have an answer.” Stay tuned!

This is from tvseriesfinale.com- Sorry folks seems to be true
    In these times of Greatness, what is better than being a Bostonian? Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics (NO. 5anyone?) and I'll even give props to the Black N Gold!!!

Premium Member

Closet, I don't think 'Farmer Ted' is on the show Journeyman, lol. Although, admittedly, Anthony Michael Hall (Sixteen Candles) does look similar to Kevin McKidd, so I can understand the confusion.

Wow, guess we'll never get to hear a full version of the theme song, then, argh! Always looked forward to hearing that brief snippet of music each week, hehe. Hope the band who performs it goes ahead and makes it into a full tune, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2787286;
    Closet, I don't think 'Farmer Ted' is on the show Journeyman, lol. Although, admittedly, Anthony Michael Hall (Sixteen Candles) does look similar to Kevin McKidd, so I can understand the confusion.
    ACK! You are right, I am such a dork ! I was thinking of that other show Anthony Michael Hall is actually in as an adult: The Dead Zone. He does look similar to the Journeyman guy, but not enough that I should have made that mistake

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast