+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Journeyman

Re: Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2585226;
    Aww man, I feel like I'm the only one who didn't like it. I liked the story and the premise. Even the actors. But I was honestly bored by it. I wandered in and out of the room during it. I never do that.
    I was the same way. I was excited about the show as I had loved QL but the going back and forth continually was confusing and I ended up changing the channel.

I didn't catch that part of it, LG. I mean the part where he saved his son. I'm not sure if that's what happened or not now.

I think that, most of the time, he won't know why he's doing what he's doing until the end, so his behavior can't be selfish. I don't know about tearing a hole in the fabric of the universe of anything

Interesting that the "dead" girlfriend can do the same thing.

The part that really hooked me was the scene at the end when he dug up the patio to get the tool box with the newspaper and his wife's ring. I was worried they were going to immediately have her move out and I would have hated that. Much more interesting with her hanging in there.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, very clever of him with the ring and the paper. I liked that they had him clearly being worried about being unfaithful to his current wife with his old girlfriend.
    I didn't wander in and out but got a little confused at one point. His brother the cop looks so much like him that I kept getting them mixed up...or is it the same actor with different clothes? So, from what we saw at one point, he was engaged to the woman who supposedly died on the plane flight (due to a later warning of his she didn't??? but then why does he think she didn't? Is she visiting from an alternative universe?), and his brother the cop was dating the woman he later married, who made the drunken toast at his engagement party? What was that dig about "I'd never do that to a brother"...was that before or after he'd gotten the brother's girl?
    They need a clearer sign when he's switching time frames...like the bright light they used some of the time.
    So he saved the black guy's son several times---saved his dad, saved him from an abortion, and then saved him from his dad...
    What I liked about QL, as I've said, was the involvement in "historical" events in one way or another... the civil rights movement, being a victim of sexual harassment, etc. I don't see that happening here so much. For one thing he's always himself.

LG.

What I thought was the producer's "sign" that he was going back in time was they rather loudly played some "period" music indicating they were in the 1980s or early 90s or whatever time frame. Cold Case does the same thing, and it's rather cheesy there too, but I think with Journeyman going into different years in the same episode they spend plenty of time watching I Love the 80s on VH1 to pick the soundtrack for each episode.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Just watched and enjoyed it very much. I think the twist with Olivia being able to transport will be good for a story arc.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I watched it last night, and I liked it. I liked it more the next day. I'll be watching, until/unless it gets cancelled.

FORT Fogey

I'll give it another watch next week. It reminds me of the book The Time Traveler's Wife. It's a bit hard to follow, but it's intriguing.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2585679;
    so I was jumping back and forth between this and The Bachelor, but I caught most of this show. Did I understand it correctly that by saving that boy and his mother from being killed by the dad in 1987 that he actually saved his own son because that boy grew up to be someone who saved his son's life in a bus crash?

I know people are talking about Quantum Leap, but it reminds me more of the movie Frequency. Lovely and delicious Dennis Quaid. Of course in Frequency, when Dennis Quaid would mess around trying to save his dad in the past, he ended up causing other stuff to get screwed up in the present.
    By saving the kid from being aborted and again from being killed, the kid grew up and then saved a bunch of kids involved in a bus crash. I don't think Dan's son Zach was involved in the bus crash.

I whole-heartedly agree with the reference to the movie Frequency. I always did enjoy that film!

Here's hoping this show doesn't get cancelled. My track record of shows I like and shows staying on the air isn't that great. (Most recently Kidnapped, The Nine, Justice, DayBreak).

LG.

I guess I had thought that Zach had died (in the beginning, before Dan went back in time) because when Dan was talking the mom out of the abortion he had mentioned that his Zach was also unplanned, but that he was glad that he had been born and that Dan would do anything to see him again, or something eerie like that which made me think Dan's son had died, and that his marriage was in the crapper because of the stress of losing their son. Of course I was also watching the Bachelor at the same time, so I could have missed the scene where Dan and Zach were hanging out together (alive) at the beginning or whatnot if there was one.

hopefully TPTB are watching our traffic on this show and will keep it around because it's got good "internet buzz" although that didn't save our beloved Arrested Development.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2587296;
    I guess I had thought that Zach had died (in the beginning, before Dan went back in time) because when Dan was talking the mom out of the abortion he had mentioned that his Zach was also unplanned, but that he was glad that he had been born and that Dan would do anything to see him again, or something eerie like that which made me think Dan's son had died, and that his marriage was in the crapper because of the stress of losing their son. Of course I was also watching the Bachelor at the same time, so I could have missed the scene where Dan and Zach were hanging out together (alive) at the beginning or whatnot if there was one.

hopefully TPTB are watching our traffic on this show and will keep it around because it's got good "internet buzz" although that didn't save our beloved Arrested Development.
    I think his son is fine...he was just missing him because they were in different "time zones" at that point. He always seems to putting the kid to bed or something when he is home.
    L.G.--that explains why I'm missing the "signs" of a time change... I don't know 80's music. I did catch the shoulder pads and the big cell phones though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast