+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Californication (Showtime)

Californication (Showtime)

Wow. Showtime has done it again. Has anyone seen this new show with David Duchovny? It's brilliantly written, edgy and dark.

Californication on Showtime
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Re: Californication (Showtime)

I've seen the previews but not the show yet - I think I'll dvr it.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I am weirded out by Gracie Sheffield gettin' with Mulder. I wanted Fran Drescher to come in and break it up.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ok, I just got Californication from Netflix. I watched the pilot and 1/2 of the next episode. All I can say is....no WONDER Duchovny had to check himself in for sex addiction! It looks to me like a work related issue!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I LOVE this show! I'm so happy its second season runs at the same time as the second season Dexter: I only have to pay for Showtime for 3 months and I can see both of them

Apparently, this season is more about Hank trying to make a relationship with Karen work. I'm hoping he can get it together because I doubt he'll get another chance with her if he blows it this time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

More than a year since the last post - anyone still watching?
    In the last scene of the latest episode (in the classroom - don't know if that was supposed to be a dream or what btw) - the music was really cool. Sort of jazz samba. But NO music credits in the end credits that I could tell.

Any music experts out there know what that song was?

I just watched the episode that ran a couple of weeks ago. It did not say it was the season finale, but it sure felt like it. I was on the fence with this show at the beginning, because a lot of it was offensive and/or ridiculous, but this last episode was a good way to end it. Plus I saw a commercial for a new season of The Tudors, coming in April. The way they space out their series, I wouldn't expect Californication to come back any time soon (if at all??)

i love this show. i don't have sho tho, so i watch fr netflix. just finished season 2 - i thought it was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3203174;
    I LOVE this show! I'm so happy its second season runs at the same time as the second season Dexter: I only have to pay for Showtime for 3 months and I can see both of them

Apparently, this season is more about Hank trying to make a relationship with Karen work. I'm hoping he can get it together because I doubt he'll get another chance with her if he blows it this time.

i used to love the show the first season or two, but then it went down hill. I had to force myself to watch last season and then I only watched a little of this past season. It was just too painful. I would like to know how it ended though, it someone will give a summary.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3778095;
    I just watched the episode that ran a couple of weeks ago. It did not say it was the season finale, but it sure felt like it. I was on the fence with this show at the beginning, because a lot of it was offensive and/or ridiculous, but this last episode was a good way to end it. Plus I saw a commercial for a new season of The Tudors, coming in April. The way they space out their series, I wouldn't expect Californication to come back any time soon (if at all??)
    A new season of The Tudors? Really?? Be still my beating heart!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast