+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: K-Ville

FORT Newbie

K-Ville

Hey everyone...

There is a new show coming airing some time in the middle of September. I am pretty excited about this show. It is a cop show set in post Katrina New Orleans. The cops are played by Anthony Anderson and Cole Hauser. I know I love Anthony Anderson so I am excited to see him in a serious role.

I was just wondering what everyone else thinks.... and any other new shows you are looking forward to watching....

FORT Newbie

Re: K-Ville

I had to look up those guys and preview online. I've seen them before but never knew their names. The trailer looks good. I think I might check it out. I like how it takes place in New Orleans. That's kind of cool. Does anyone know if they are filming it there though? I've never been to N.O. I've always wanted to go for Mardi Gras, but haven't gotten around to it. It'd be neat to see some of the city now because if I ever make it to the French Quarter I know I'll be too drunk to remember the trip!

FORT Newbie

I am pretty sure that the majority of the filming is done there...

FORT Newbie

I checked up on it... It is filmed in New Orleans... The writers actually followed New Orleans cops to see what their lives were like and to get a more accurate story on what is its like to be a cop in post Katrina New Orleans...

FORT Newbie

I haven't been on this for a while but I have had the chance to see the first episode, and I really enjoyed it.

Fox has a lot of info about the show up on its site, and I just read a really interesting article about the show on msn this morning.

Check it out on monday if you get a chance!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvaddict82;2528162;
    I know I love Anthony Anderson so I am excited to see him in a serious role.
    Too bad you missed him as Antoine Mitchell on The Shield a couple seasons back. Fabulous portrayal in a serious role. I've seen the trailers for K-ville and I won't be watching. The only thing that looks remotely interesting to me is Anthony Anderson... everything else related to this show is gratuitous IMO. Hope AA hits another one out of the park... he totally impressed me on The Shield!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I don't think I'm going to be able to get into this show. It's too politically charged. I didn't watch the entire episode but saw enough. The acting and cast is good but I think the wounds are still too fresh for this to be successful. Who knows though, maybe it will be a hit.

FORT Fanatic

^^ Me neither. I tried but was bored quickly. The police chases didn't make sense and would they really just open fire on the street - running out of a house guns-a-blazing before verifying the target? And I just couldn't swallow Anthony Anderson as the guy he was trying to portray nor the happily ever after ending.

Agree with what's been said. Pretty political, pretty fresh, pretty.. just not right yet. Plot lines were good, but far too implausible. Opening fire mid street, the way the Chief behaves. I couldn't believe some of the lines they got away with!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Politics aside I have three words for this show... pa-the-tic!

I watched the last half hour. Can't believe I managed to stick it out through that much.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast