+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: K-Ville

FORT Fogey

Re: K-Ville

This show took a big step up in the 2nd episode. Much much better!

MAN! I feel sick reading you all's comments. I grew up 45 miles north west of New Orleans and all my family is still there (a very large family lol) and I didn't want to watch this show (and I haven't) because I didn't want to see them mess up my beloved city and to be honest? Its still rather painful seeing what's become of it.

Anyways, the locals were so hopeful about this show, they asked them to do right by their city and from you alls comments? They didn't. *sighs*

In response to the person about the New Orleans accent? Not everybody in Louisiana has accents. My family and I have very slight southern accents and you can only catch it in certain words or when I get mad (lol) and that's the way it is with everybody that lives around us. As bad as it may sound... its the poorer regions or the ones that are even deeper in the bayou (and we are pretty deep) that have the strong accents. And then some just have it, especially if they are Cajun or Creole.

Oh and one more thing, for whoever said that the show followed the NOPD around to see how they are? HA! I bet they showed that accurately. They have one of the most corrupt police forces. So corrupt in fact that some of the police forces that went down after Katrina to assist left.. they didn't want to be involved in it.. then they filed federal charges against the force. Those are facts, I doubt the show will show that though. Of course there are good cops in NO but there are just as many crooked ones.. ok maybe more crooked ones. *shrugs* but its the way it is down there and we still love the city and the region, you just learn to live with it.. I guess.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Oh, man, I just watched the first episode and had to leave the room. There were so many inaccuracies (factual, geographic, legal, etc.) that I couldn't take it. The drama was exceedingly overblown and, good lord, this is not doing Quarter tourism any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2591405;
    Oh and one more thing, for whoever said that the show followed the NOPD around to see how they are? HA! I bet they showed that accurately. They have one of the most corrupt police forces.
    Unfortunately, Harmony, they didn't portray the force stealing Cadillacs. Fox probably deemed that too hard to believe, unlike the rest of the crap in the episode.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I watch Prison Break, and I found this show to be entirely too much after the intensity of Prison Break. It actually bothered me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hear that this is the first show of the fall season to be canceled.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2579687;

Well we can agree on some things I guess.

Yeah, the unbelievable was just too unbelievable. Now you take a show like LOST. If you break that down into the realm of what is believable, none of it is, but good writing can make you suspend your beliefs and get into a show or a movie, etc.

But this show didn't even have good writing and some aspects of shows especially cop shows are so different from shows like LOST that you can't suspend your beliefs enough to think this would happen anywhere.

I can say one thing. At least they didn't try to fake a NO accent because that would have been WAY too much. The show was bad enough as it was.
    Good writing will take you far. Every show has its own internal logic. The viewer is willing to suspend belief and accept the world the writer has created just don't be stupid about it. I really hate it when the writers act as if viewers have no brains and that happens way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2603763;
    I hear that this is the first show of the fall season to be canceled.

I haven't found anything that has indicated an official cancellation, but I would not be surprised. Honestly, I'm surprised the hammer hasn't dropped on several shows already.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2604076;
    I haven't found anything that has indicated an official cancellation, but I would not be surprised. Honestly, I'm surprised the hammer hasn't dropped on several shows already.
    I have been visiting a several of the tv fans sites and while there are no official annoucements "armchair experts" are predicting that this show will be one of the first to go, mainly due to poor ratings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123