+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: K-Ville

Re: K-Ville

I only managed the first 30 minutes. I really wanted to give it a fair shake but it just wasn't working for me.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Well since we all dislike it so much, you just know it's going to stay on the air.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2576646;
    I only managed the first 30 minutes. I really wanted to give it a fair shake but it just wasn't working for me.
    I HATED it.

The writing was trite. The acting bad. The plot ludicrous (especially in light of all the REAL New Orleans stories which would be about 100 times better and less obnoxious).

The show was an insult to New Orleans. A city which needs the dollars and media attention from an ongoing series, but... not if its THIS crap.

And geez. Were they using transporter beams to get into their cars? Other than the one scene where AA pulls over to pull a gun on his new partner, did we EVER see anyone actually step in or out of a car? They went from "bang bang" someone's shot to being in a racing car two seconds later, with no obvious time jump in one scene!!!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This is trivial, but that whole stupid, the cop's an escaped convict side plot is absolutely ridiculous.

Ugh. Just purely disappointed. But at least it aired this Monday and not next!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2576640;
    Politics aside I have three words for this show... pa-the-tic!

I watched the last half hour. Can't believe I managed to stick it out through that much.
    We watched the first half hour and thought the same thing: pathetic. I wanted to like this, but it didn't do anything for me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

hcw

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2578461;
    We watched the first half hour and thought the same thing: pathetic. I wanted to like this, but it didn't do anything for me.
    I can't believe a Gator and a Vol are agreeing but crap is crap. The fact the guy could escape prison, get into the army, serve a term in the middle east, and return within a year is a time warp. BTW, they do finger print army recruits and police officers when they apply for jobs. I think the FBI might have caught that.

Also, where did they find that singer. All those talented musicans in NO and that was the best they could do!

The whole plot was ridiculous. I won't even get into the fact the hot police woman could walk around in a tank top while everyone else was in full uniform.

What an insult to the hard working people of law enforcement. Too bad, I wanted to like this show.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by hcw;2579030;
    I can't believe a Gator and a Vol are agreeing but crap is crap. The fact the guy could escape prison, get into the army, serve a term in the middle east, and return within a year is a time warp. BTW, they do finger print army recruits and police officers when they apply for jobs. I think the FBI might have caught that.

Also, where did they find that singer. All those talented musicans in NO and that was the best they could do!

The whole plot was ridiculous. I won't even get into the fact the hot police woman could walk around in a tank top while everyone else was in full uniform.

What an insult to the hard working people of law enforcement. Too bad, I wanted to like this show.

Well we can agree on some things I guess.

Yeah, the unbelievable was just too unbelievable. Now you take a show like LOST. If you break that down into the realm of what is believable, none of it is, but good writing can make you suspend your beliefs and get into a show or a movie, etc.

But this show didn't even have good writing and some aspects of shows especially cop shows are so different from shows like LOST that you can't suspend your beliefs enough to think this would happen anywhere.

I can say one thing. At least they didn't try to fake a NO accent because that would have been WAY too much. The show was bad enough as it was.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hesitated to comment on the show because I didn't want to be criticized for liking the show...But I really have enjoyed this show...Last nights episode was really good...

Its just sad to see how bad NO still looks after 2yrs...

Was last night's better? I definitely didn't watch and really don't know if I will again. However, if it's gotten better, I may give it another shot.

Last nights was better than last weeks. Im not sure about next weeks tho, dont know if I like the turn its taking, but ill give it a chance. Im a big fan of AA and think Cole is a hottie. So I may stick this show out, we'll see.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast