+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Boys - TBS

My Boys - TBS

My husband and I rarely like the same shows (he's NASCAR and House minded while I'm comedy and reality shows) however, he got me hooked on this show. It's really cute and I just love the characters.

New season starts on Monday on TBS at 10 EST (they show 2 half hour shows back to back).

Being "one of the guys" can mean a lot of great things: poker games, pick-up softball games, watching sports or just hanging out at a favorite bar. But for PJ Franklin, played by Jordana Spiro (JAG, Must Love Dogs), being a girl whos one of the guys can be challenging.

PJ (Jordana Spiro) is a twenty-something sports reporter for the Chicago Sun Times. At first glance, shes a typical young single woman--smart, attractive, outgoing, personable. Her boys are her family, which sometimes hinders PJ's dating life, as the men she tries to date don't know how to react to her unconventional interests and the all-important men in her life.

PJs group of friends includes her brother, Andy (Jim Gaffigan), whose wife keeps him on an all-too-short leash; Mike (Jamie Kaler), a commitment-challenged ladies man who works for the Chicago Cubs; Kenny (Michael Bunin), a sports-memorabilia store owner who hasn't mastered the art of dating; and Brendan (Reid Scott), a hard-rock DJ whose on-again, off-again romance with his girlfriend often leaves him crashing at PJ's apartment; and the most recent addition to the group, Bobby (Kyle Howard) a sportswriter for the Chicago Tribune, the Windy City's rival newspaper. PJ's friend Stephanie (Kellee Stewart), who she's known since journalism school, does her best to give PJ advice on men and dating from a more female point-of-view.
    There is a myspace page and also the official site on TBS is very well put together. Anybody who missed the pilot, it will air on Sunday, July 29 on TBS at 10am.

(I searched and couldn't find a thread for this....)

FORT Fogey

Re: My Boys - TBS

My DVR is set and ready for the new season! I absolutely loved this show when it came out. When TBS ran off all the episodes in a marathon in Decmeber, I worried that meant the end for it. I'm very happy that its coming back for a new season.

I really like the way that they've made PJ's character one that you can really believe would have close friendships and relate so well to the guys in her life, yet they don't make her totally unfeminine. She is still a girly girl at times, but enjoys kicking back with the guys.

I don't care for this show, don't know what it is. I guess I have problems with people having only friends of the opposite sex. I know she has the one girlfriend but still... JMO!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Love this show.. Just watched tonights, I about lost it when she said on the show:

and with 6 you get eggroll!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

another huge fan of this show here! so glad it's back! love PJ, actually i love all the characters on the show.....lol....lotion in the basket....lmao. that was a great episode!

Finally got around to watching the last two shows, had to wait for the hubby to be able to see them with me.

LOL she did so bad on her tv spot, I was dying laughing. I actually had to walk out of the room for a moment, it was too painful to watch lol.

Anybody else find that whole dealing with the kiss that should have never happened episode awkward? I didn't like it as much.

FORT Fogey

Wasn't there a good chance that this show wasn't going to get a second season? I think that's the explanation for the akwardness of the kiss thing. I THINK that they didn't think it was going to get picked up, so ending it with the kiss wouldn't have reprecussions for the show. But then it did get a second season, and all the sudden, they had to get back to the sexual tension between the two of them, having PJ single.

Ahhh that makes a lot of sense! Thanks for clearing that up because basically that whole episode was them tying up the loose ends that they thought they didn't have to deal with. No wonder if all felt so odd.

I'm going to miss the pregnant girlfriend. She was awesome! Dang the crazy guy for being crazier than her and chasing her off.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Anyone else watch the season finale? I loved the nod to "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" (for that matter, I loved the Sex & the City nod a couple of weeks back) but yeesh, I don't like cliff-hangers. Who was on the plane!?!? Are they even making a third season? OTOH, the sight seeing did give me some ideas for my trip to Chicago. And I won't be going into the lake.

I just got done watching it and have already gone over to Net Flix to reserve my copy of season 1. I love this show and I just can't believe its already over for the season! I thought the sight seeing was so cute and funny.

Who was on that plane! Its killing me! LOL I want to know now.

Yeah, I think there will be another season because its pretty popular and the 1st season should be coming out on DVD sooner or later lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast