+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Boys - TBS

Re: My Boys - TBS

I can't wait for this show to start! I wonder if she picked Thorn...

*must remember to set DVR to record* I LOVE this show but I hate that their seasons are like only 5 weeks long. Why can't it be a regular length season and then it seems like you wait 2 years for the next season to start. What a way to handicap such an awesome show.

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.

Bumping this up to serve as a reminder that the new season of My Boys (Is it technically season 2 or 3? I am not sure since they kinda took a break in between the first season) starts tomorrow night at 9:30 p.m. (EST) on TBS.

Harmony, I don't understand what is up w/the seasons either. I really think they didn't expect the show to do well at all and it was poor planning.

On another note, did I miss a marathon this weekend? I was hoping they would show one so I could refresh my memory since the season ended so long ago, but I was gone all weekend at the beach and shopping and only turned my TV on at night.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

It's Season 2 that starts Thursday. Season 1 (both halves) is now out on DVD...mine's shipped from Amazon but I still haven't gotten it. I wanna re-watch the last couple of episodes before Thursday night.

I've been meaning to post in here about last week's show, but I keep forgetting!
    Well, what did ya'll think? I think that I should have stuck with my initial feeling that it was Bobby, since I would have been right. I like how they played the friendship angle with Bobby. As far as the Stephanie thing goes, I have been there before with a close friend and it's so hard because you have to be a good friend, but she is also hurting your chance at romance! I chose to be a good friend, well because it's chicks before....you know! Anyway, back on topic, it was a good episode. Funny as always with the guys. I loved PJ walking into the bar and getting the guys back in! I think Bobby and her might be the next Ross and Rachel with them not getting together and being with other people until the end. I am so glad it's back on and I cannot wait to see the rest of the season!

I watched the show yesterday and have a couple of comments.

Stephanie didn't really surprise me with that whole Lance thing. Its sort of her MO. Find some lame reason to dump the guy, she hooks up and then breaks up rather quickly. Both her and PJ are more than just a little relationship challenged but I still love both of them.

Bobby...shouldn't have been too surprised that it was him. Again PJ did something true to type. He was the safest choice because she knew on a sub-conscious level that it would never go anywhere so no real emotional risk there.

I think that Brendan is her end-game guy and why things are so off between them now. They will show her and Bobby flirting with a relationship and even maybe hooking up for a while but its Brendan that she will end up with once she gets over her relationship issues.

Speaking of issues.....that Mikey.....could he get more awful? (said in a sort of amused way) I know I shouldn't like that character because he is sort of horrible but I do like him. I like all of them and can't wait to get my hands on the DVD of the last two seasons. I had forgotten that Brendan and PJ had major chemistry during S1 till I read it somewhere and want to look at that again.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. Is anyone still watching this season? I cannot believe that tonight is the season finale already. I dislike these short seasons they have. This season only started in June. Now it's going to go away for months and I am going to forget how the season ended. I also don't understand why it's only on for half an hour tonight while the Bill Engvall show is on from 9-10 with two new episodes. I hope this isn't a bad sign for My Boys. Although I have enjoyed this season, I am not sure if it is as great as the first season. I think tptb need to get their act together w/this show and stop planning the episodes out like the show is going to fail. The show has a lot going for it and I hope to see more seasons!

Oh and my dh got me the season 1 DVD for my birthday. I have yet to watch it though since we have been either busy or on vacation. I am looking forward to watching it though

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I felt this season was stronger then last.. the acting is better and there are bettoer story lines.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I love this show but I'm (like the rest of you) frustrated that the seasons are so short with so many months in between. It's a great little show with an awesome ensemble and I want more!

I've been watching, just nobody ever comments on it so I don't want to talk to myself LOL. I didn't like where they took Bobby this season but I do like the addition of his brother Jack and PJ is just so cute when she's interested in somebody. Stephanie being a top author is so random that I'm able to buy off on it plus I love the character and actress. Something else I hated (other than the Bobby and nanny gets married quickly storyline) is where they took Andy with his co-worker Jo. I didn't get that AT ALL and didn't like how they trashed that character just so they could give the actress a story line. They couldn't come up with anything better for her? Like.....make her a love interest of one of the single guys? Anyways, this season was better in some aspects but worse in others. They need to either commit to it and give it a real time slot with a real season length or go ahead and can it so us fans aren't left feeling let down when it's over in 5 (?) short weeks for months once again.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Well, at least the gave it more weeks for this half of the season than they did the for the first. They aired two episodes back to back on a couple of nights a week (at least, IIRC) and burned through them all in a very short time.

I do think this season is better than the first (and I loved the first). I think my favorite moment of this half of Season 2 is Kenny and Stephanie hooking up. That cracked me up, even though it kind of was inevitable. The second moment was when the actor who played "not gay Chad" from Passions played "gay Chad" on Mike's basketball team...but that is only because I obsessively watch "The Soup" and have seen that clip of Passions about 4,000 times.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast