+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pushing Daisies on ABC

Re: Pushing Daisies on ABC

I feel bad for trashing the show. Only now to like it. Hah.
    I think Paul will be back. He is after all a master sniffer and Chuck smells unlike anything he's ever smelled. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.
    I really like Chuck and Olive becoming friends. I think because Olive makes me tolerate Chuck more.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

This show just keeps getting better and better. Love the guest stars they're bringing in. Joel McHale, Paul Rubens, Molly Shannon... great casting!

I think the three things that most attract me to this show are, the look has the visual character of a film by Terry Gilliam, the writing has the wit and charm of JK Rowling, and Jim Dale does a great narration. I hope the show stays around.

BTW, has anyone else noticed the amount of cleavage on this show? I'm not complaining, I'm just saying...
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2688543;
    I really like Chuck and Olive becoming friends. I think because Olive makes me tolerate Chuck more.
    I'm not up to date on episodes because I've been stockpiling programs to last me through the strike (I should be seeing this week's sometime in, say, March), but fingers crossed that something, anything, will cause me to tolerate Chuck. I love everything else about the show, but her type of whimsicality is the sort that drives me absolutely batty. I've known, briefly, people like her in real life and have had to desperately tamp down the almost unconquerable urge to throttle them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2690500;
    BTW, has anyone else noticed the amount of cleavage on this show? I'm not complaining, I'm just saying...
    No...but I will now.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2690608;
    No...but I will now.
    Sorry! Should have kept that to myself.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2690506;
    I'm not up to date on episodes because I've been stockpiling programs to last me through the strike (I should be seeing this week's sometime in, say, March), but fingers crossed that something, anything, will cause me to tolerate Chuck. I love everything else about the show, but her type of whimsicality is the sort that drives me absolutely batty. I've known, briefly, people like her in real life and have had to desperately tamp down the almost unconquerable urge to throttle them.
    I definitely think this episode will do it for you. There's one part (I won't spoiler it), but Olive says to Chuck something to the effect of "you can't cry we're not that close of friends yet". That was great and that was what made me realize when Olive's around, Chuck kind of fades away.

CCL

Olive's bosom discussion with Ned last night made me think of Uncle David.
    I'm glad Chuck has forgiven Ned. He was a kid, he didn't know what he was doing when he killed her father. And she didn't have that much of a problem with the fact that he *knowingly* let someone else die when he let her live.

Well, I finally got a chance to watch the last two episodes. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

I hope the lack of activity in this thread isn't indicative of how the show is being received popularly. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it is. That means this show will go the way of other shows I've loved like Twin Peaks and Due South.

(CCL: I had to laugh at that myself. )

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2722139;
    I hope the lack of activity in this thread isn't indicative of how the show is being received popularly. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it is. That means this show will go the way of other shows I've loved like Twin Peaks and Due South.
    I hope not. It's one of the few new shows that got orders for a full season, which is a good sign (the only other new shows picked up for a full season by ABC are Samantha Who and Private Practice). Of course, what with the writers' strike, who knows if/when they will be able to film the additional episodes ordered (I think they've aired all the episodes they've taped). It has gotten a lot of critical acclaim, and has been nominated for Golden Globes and Writers' Guild Awards. But, then, critical acclaim never kept a series on the air. I guess we'll have to hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2722139;
    Well, I finally got a chance to watch the last two episodes. I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

(CCL: I had to laugh at that myself. )
    I love it! Very fun and weird and sweet at the same time it's being slightly macabre. Paul Reubens' character is creepily fun.

The ending of this week's show sure caught me off guard. Swoozie is Chuck's mother? Shocking!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread