+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pushing Daisies on ABC

Re: Pushing Daisies - ABC takes a risk on Bryan Fuller & Barry Sonnenfeld

This is one of my favorite new shows this season. It's quirky and I kinda like that.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'm in the same bandwagon as most of you. I like the show, but Chuck bothers me as well. I don't know what it is about her. Like she's not who she seems & she should just be all romance & flowers. Why does she keep going to the morgue with the guys & asking the dead people questions.
    The narration doesn't bother me, like someone else said it's like the Grinch.
    The other issue of Chuck & Ned touching, they have to touch flesh to flesh. In last week's show, she was wearing a halter dress & I thought she should be covered more, so as to not touch him.
    I love the visuals though, very Tim Burton, as well as the music. Anyone know if Danny Elfman is doing this music?

Have to say I love this show. It reminds me so much of "Big Fish" with the narration and quirkiness. I'm anxious to see where it goes, I will be watching (online) for sure!

Does anyone ( but me) think this show would be more palatable as a 1/2 hour show ?

I like the show, but it's almost too much of a fun thing.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2633102;
    Does anyone ( but me) think this show would be more palatable as a 1/2 hour show ?

I like the show, but it's almost too much of a fun thing.
    I can't imagine them covering everything in a 30 minute show. For me personally it fits the hour format much better.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I think there will be plenty that are happy to hear from Kristin at E!Online

Fellow pie lovers, rejoice!

I'm hearing from a few reliable sources that ABC is officially extending the Pushing Daisies party! Rumor has it the back nine episodes were just ordered, which means the show is going to enjoy a full season! Let's all have a slice of lemon meringue to celebrate, 'kay?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I give up. How can you have too much of a 'fun thing'? That's right up there with a boyfriend that I used to have that didn't like comedies because he did like to laugh. Whaaaat?????
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Because I tape nearly everything and watch it on the weekend, I'm only up to episode two of this series. Generally like it (love Chi McBride and Kristin Chenoweth), but could happily lose Chuck. Something about perky just drives me mad. Yes, yes, I know that Kristin's character is also perky, but she's kind of insane/perky - there's a difference.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

It finally hit me tonight that Swoozie Kurtz's sidekick is none other than Ellen Greene who played Audrey in the '86 version of Little Shop of Horrors with Rick Moranis! Suddenly tonight, I recognized her and so I looked her up and sure enough. "I'm sorry, Doctor! I'm sorry Doctor!" LOL Good to see her back out of the woodworks.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

And it finally hit ME last night that Ned's dog is the same one that was in Dead Like Me!

+ Reply to Thread