+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pushing Daisies on ABC

Re: Pushing Daisies - ABC takes a risk on Bryan Fuller & Barry Sonnenfeld

I have to say the the narrator was definitely not less present in episode 2. I still just don't like this show. Giving it this second shot might just be the last one it gets.

I'm still on the "Pushing Daisies" bandwagon. I don't mind the narration and the quirkiness of the show. However, it definitely is not for everybody.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I watched the first episode BECAUSE of the narration. The narrator's name is Jim Dale. He did the audio versions of the Harry Potter books. A truly gifted man. So, needless to say, I like all the narration. I also think it fits the show's style. The meekness of the quiet protagonist is made more believable through the sparse verbiage.

I found the show quaint and sweet. I liked the art direction, and most of all, I found the show's quirkiness to be endearing. I definitely willl be watching tonights episode.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The on airing tonight was definitely better than the first Uncle David and I think you'll particularly enjoy the narration.

I agree with you on Jim Dale's narration, Uncle David, and he is a gifted performer. I remember him best from Pete's Dragon and as part of the hilariously absurd Carry On .... series from the UK.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2607370;
    I watched the first episode BECAUSE of the narration. The narrator's name is Jim Dale. He did the audio versions of the Harry Potter books. A truly gifted man.
    I like the narrator. I'd like to hear how he read Harry Potter; I might have to check that out some time.
    I do find the quirkiness to be a bit forced/over-done at times. But I think the leads are so naturally charming. And I did like when Olive broke into song & dance in the pie shop.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2607707;
    I'd like to hear how he read Harry Potter; I might have to check that out some time.
    I can't recommend the HP audio books enough. Each character has it's own voice. Dale brings the books to life unlike any other audio book to which I've listened.

Start with the first. Once you listen to them it's a different experience that you'll want to relive with each book in the series. I'm on the road a lot and have listened to all but the last book multiple times. They're that good.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Hmmm. Still not too sure what I think about the show. I gave it another shot tonight, but more often than not I found myself being distracted easily, it just didn't hold my attention very well. Still too much narration for my personal preferences, and the story just seems uninspired. I like the Ned character, and the actor who plays him, but Chuck has become annoying already. Not too sure if I'll catch it next week or not.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2607788;
    I like the Ned character, and the actor who plays him, but Chuck has become annoying already. Not too sure if I'll catch it next week or not.
    I think I would watch this show more if it wasn't a Ned-Chuck love story. I like Ned, but you're right about Chuck. She is really annoying for me. I can handle the quirky. I even like a lot of it, but she's just on this whole other level.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2607794;
    I think I would watch this show more if it wasn't a Ned-Chuck love story. I like Ned, but you're right about Chuck. She is really annoying for me. I can handle the quirky. I even like a lot of it, but she's just on this whole other level.
    I think I agree with you. The Chuck-Ned love story just isn't working for me past a one-episode arc. It was a great background story for the first episode, but it just seems it should have ended with the same episode. But Ned himself (and the actor) are very likeable. I even like Emerson... in his gruff way, even he's likeable.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread