+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pushing Daisies on ABC

CCL

Re: Pushing Daisies on ABC

Yipee! I think I still have the dvr set to record all episodes but I'd better double-check.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3466514;
    Next Saturday, May 30th, has a NEW episode of Pushing Daisies listed after a couple of rather worthless looking new reality shows.

I hope this means we get to see the rest of the filmed shows.
    Just a reminder that this is TONIGHT.

While watching, I remembered how much I like this show. I love Olive & her singing Hello!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

FORT Fogey

Yes, I'm so excited to have more episodes! This show is so witty and fun!

Oh, how Kristin Chenoweth can sing! Her voice is of operatic quality. I just rented Leonard Bernstein's operetta spool of Voltaire's Candide starring Kristen and Patty LuPone. The music was breathtaking. I wish she'd do more Broadway. What a Nellie Forbush (South Pacific) or Julie Jordan or Carrie Pepperidge (Carousel) she'd make.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

AAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

Tonight was the grand finale & I forgot to tape it.
    If anyone saw it a brief recap of how everything turned out would be greatly appreciated.

Also, does ABC show full episodes of this, since has been cancelled?

I forgot to tape it, too, Miss Scarlet. But I have found all previous full episodes on abc.go com. I don't thnink tonight's is up yet, but I anticipate that it will be in the next day or so.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Did they know that this was the last show when they filmed it? It seemed like they sort of tried to quickly wrap up the whole thing and create happyily ever after future lives for everyone at the end. The ending felt very strange.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Is it too much to hope that another network will pick this up where ABC left off? There are so many other angles, characters and story lines left to continue!!!!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, in a sense even if we know where everything is going, we don't know how it got there.
    Miss S.--there was the usual "adventure", one that involved the aunt/mom of Chuck returning to performing as synchronized swimmers. I missed the first half hour (!!! forgot to tape!!!), but basically the Aquacade they were performing in had one of their stars murdered...the usual who dun it .... but of more relevance to the PD fans is that the last 60 seconds or so were used to quickly tell us what happens to the characters in the future...I"ll spoiler that below since you'll probaby want to watch it if you can.

However, I do have a question about the ending which I don't think gives away anything.... the very last scene, with the sort of farewell voice over as the camera pulls back and leaves the valley involved a golden retriever running through a field of sunflowers. How do you all interpret that? Was that the hero's dog that he brought back to life early on? Is he now in "heaven" (dog heaven)? Still alive? Does that say anything about whether the hero and Chuck will ever be able to safely touch? Did I miss something at the start that would make that clearer? Thanks!

Click to see Spoiler:
    What I saw of the show...one of two sister stars is killed...suspects include a jealous sister who's been sleeping with her sister's man, a jealous male performer (sync swim is very sexist, males aren't appreciated), and finally the boy toy/lover of the jealous sister who is the actual killer and did it for her. At one point Chuck's aunt offers to include the bereaved sister in their act as she feels sorry for her. However she gets kicked back out by Chuck's mom because it is discovered that she plans to steal the show/glory. At that point the bereaved sister threatens to reveal to the aunt that Chuck's mom had an affair with her sister's fiance (the aunt's fiance) and got pregnant with Chuck (they all knew each other way back when), but the mom kicks her out anyway. So the show goes on, the mom/aunt team are a big hit (in part because the lover above almost kills them during the act) and are invited to go on a European tour, and they agree to on the pieman's urging....he says Chuck would feel they've mourned enough, they should take this chance to revive their careers.
    Everything seems happy until he tells Chuck who says great, now she won't be able to see her only remaining family at all....at least she could keep tabs on them before even if they didn't know she was alive. She's furious. And goes so far as to try to sabotage their next performance by changing the music around. But so does the pieman, as he realizes he's put his own happiness above Chuck's so he's a bad boyfriend....they have a heart to heart where he says he realizes he only told her to keep herself a secret from her relatives so she'd have to turn to him.
    Meanwhile, the bereaved sister above tells Chuck's aunt the truth about her fiance and the aunt tells Chuck's mom to leave the house forever. As she goes to leave Chuck and the pieman are at the door to "come out" to Chuck's relatives.
    Then it goes into the future coda, where Emerson gets back together with his daughter, Olive falls in love with the taxidermist, the sisters have a wildly successful two times around the world tour, and Chuck and the pieman are reunited with her family... and then the dog scene mentioned above. That may have more meaning if you watch the whole show, but I didn't.

+ Reply to Thread