+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pushing Daisies on ABC

Re: Pushing Daisies on ABC

Count me in. I do like this show and either watch or record it regularly. I have to agree with troobabie7 that it doesn't seem quite as good as last year and I can't quite put my finger on why, but it's still one of the more enjoyable shows. I hope it lasts.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

I love this show and its candy-coloured world. It would probably have a better chance of surviving on cable. But the powers that be at the network did bring it back for a second year and I don't think the ratings were that great last year. So hopefully they'll keep nurturing it and keep it on the schedule.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Anyone recognize the blonde boy in the beginning during the Ned flashback to his childhood? His character was the one who was the "banker" during a child's version of roulette. That was the same actor who played a young Michael Meyers in the 2007 version of Halloween. I spotted him right away and asked my husband to verify my suspicions by going to imdb.com.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Ned's dad certainly isn't such a nice guy, is he? I have to wonder why he came back when he did. I'm thinking he's got an angle.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

?? did Ned's dad come back? I thought it was just a "friend" looking for him? A rather sinister friend who looks more like he wants to hunt the dad down. Am I an episode behind?

Well at the end of the episode, voice over man, said something to the effect of "and Ned's father didn't expect what happened with the twins either" and it showed the "friend". I took this to mean that he was really Ned's father and not just a family friend.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3226708;
    Well at the end of the episode, voice over man, said something to the effect of "and Ned's father didn't expect what happened with the twins either" and it showed the "friend". I took this to mean that he was really Ned's father and not just a family friend.
    Hmm, I took it that he was looking for the dad, but not in a friendly way. Did he have a gun or something? I just recall something sinister. I had at first thought he was the dad, just pretending to be a friend...but Ned wasn't THAT old when he was dropped off at boarding school...surely he'd recognize his dad. Did that guy have the Ned/twins eyebrows? Don't recall...supposedly looks like him "around the eyes".

Yeah I think Ned would of recognised if it was his dad or not.

Anyways, I'm praying ABC do the right thing and pick this up for a full season, it really deserves it.

Sad news people .

Sources are telling Kristen over at E! that Pushing Daisies is officially canceled. No one can officially comment on it but everyone is spreading the word already.

Premium Member

Can someone tell me if they replaced the actress that played Ned's girlfriend in season 1, she looks different this year? Too bad about it being cancelled, they really don't give these shows time to develop, and last year's strike really hurt the hype buzz it had been getting.

+ Reply to Thread