+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Pushing Daisies on ABC

CCL

Re: Pushing Daisies on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3209260;
    The problem with this show is that if there is something else on that you really like, you will opt not to watch this one....you might record it, as long as there are not 2 other shows on that you really like. I guess that's why I'd like to see it on HBO.
    I guess it depends on the person. I often watched it first-run last year. I didn't manage to catch the episode that aired last night (on Canadian tv) but I taped it and am looking forward to watching it. As opposed to, say, Heroes, which I tape as well but I watch more out of habit than real interest (at this point, at least. Hopefully it will get interesting again soon).

I agree with Rattus that I don't really like the name Chuck for the female lead. I wish they'd call her Charlotte.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I was one who almost couldn't stand the show when it first started, but I bit my tongue and kept watching and I'm glad I did. I really enjoy this show. It's absolutely quirky and unique. Last night was no exception. Loved the whole "sound of music" theme.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3210453;
    I was one who almost couldn't stand the show when it first started, but I bit my tongue and kept watching and I'm glad I did. I really enjoy this show. It's absolutely quirky and unique. Last night was no exception. Loved the whole "sound of music" theme.
    ^ I agree with pretty much all of your post. I love Olive - she's a hoot.
    Chuck's fake eyelashes were annoying me tremendously. Hopefully they were just a Betty Bee thing (as the other girl seemed to have them, too) but I think she was wearing them in other scenes, too. They are distractingly long.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3210453;
    I so agree. I didn't know if i would like it, but it grew on me because it is quirky. But some of the dialog is delivered so quick and is so quirky and often rhyming, that I miss half of what they say.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The pace of the dialogue reminds me a lot of Gilmore Girls. I loved it on that show and I love it here. It just works.

I love this show, I agree with others that I didn't really like it at first. It was mainly the narrating that bothered me but I stuck with it and I actually enjoy the narrator now .

Olive is probably my favourite character, but Emerson gets the best lines, he always has me in fits.

I just wish Ned wasn't so depressed about everything all the time, but I love how ironically clingy he is to Chuck.

Love this show! Didn't think I would before season one started - I mean, how many story lines can you have about bringing a dead person back to life for one minute? But it is so fun - love the characters and would give my right pinky toe for a house like the one the Aunts live in! I think my favorite characters are Emerson (hand-knit gun cozies!!!! ) and Olive.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I love this show, I do, but this season just isn't as good as last. There's just something about it that isn't holding my attention. I just read on Yahoo TV that Pushing Daisies is one of the shows in danger of cancellation since the ratings are lower than over. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

I was so surprised when David Arquette popped up in the last episode, I love the casting on this show they're always getting great people.

We seem to be in the minority. I'm hearing that if ratings don't improve, we won't be able to enjoy this show much longer. That, my friends, does not bode well for the future of Pushing Daisies.

+ Reply to Thread