+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Damages on FX

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Damages on FX

Alright, having watched the season 3 premier I can finally comment I love Damages... I think Patty Hewes is one of the very best roles Glenn Close has ever played and Lord knows I've seen a LOT of what she's done (she's one of my all time faves!!!). This "Bernie Madoff"-style storyline for season 3 has quite a bit of potential. Patty was definitely up to her old (usual?) tricks - nothing she ever says or does can be taken at face value! Ellen has really come into her own and holds her own with Patty. Glad to see Rose Byrne ate a cheeseburger or two while the show was on hiatus She was painfully thin in season 2 - perhaps because Ellen was going thru so much in the aftermath of David's death? I don't trust Tom Shays at all... but I've felt that way several times during season 1 and season 2. Lily Tomlin, Martin Short and Campbell Scott? EXCELLENT casting!

I'm looking forward to this season

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Please tell me someone else is watching this show besides two of us! It's BRILLIANT! I never saw season one or two so this is new to me and I have top say it toally sucked me in!
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3859117;
    Please tell me someone else is watching this show besides two of us! It's BRILLIANT! I never saw season one or two so this is new to me and I have top say it toally sucked me in!
    Of course, I'm watching. I didn't like season 2 as much as season one, but this season is shaping up to be outstanding. Martin Short is brilliant and no one could have played Patty Hewes like Glenn Close. Campbell Scott is a great addition; he sounds so much like his father and he really looks like a combination of father and mother.

My only hope is that we will see more of Len Carriou as the season progresses.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm watching. I have liked all 3 seasons. Hopefully they'll consider going a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3859128;
    Of course, I'm watching. I didn't like season 2 as much as season one, but this season is shaping up to be outstanding. Martin Short is brilliant and no one could have played Patty Hewes like Glenn Close. Campbell Scott is a great addition; he sounds so much like his father and he really looks like a combination of father and mother.

My only hope is that we will see more of Len Carriou as the season progresses.
    I really like Campbell Scott but was unaware of who his parents were. Thanks to IMDb I discovered they were George C. Scott and Colleen Dewhurst. Thanks Florimel

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

The word I'm reading is that this show has been picked up for another season, but......it will get a first airing on DirecTV's channel 101 & then move to FX later. This is the same method that saved Friday Night Lights.

It's all about money and FX is trying to cut costs where they can. I absolutely positively LOVE the show (this season is way better than last and almost as good as the first!) but the ratings are truly abysmal DirecTV is only one place that FX is shopping the series in an effort to share production costs so it may not land there. Only time will tell but I truly hope this is NOT the last season for Damages.

Who is John Galt?

In my opinion - Best Show on TV! And, the best acting (Glenn Close is fantastic - horrible person, but fascinating personality).

Tonight's the Season Finale, right? I hope it's a good one. I think this season has been almost as good as Season One and FAR AND AWAY BETTER than Season Two. That said, however, I have the same complaint this time as I did with Season One... they try and wrap up too much in the finale instead of pacing better as it draws near. Of course, I haven't seen it yet but that's my impression based on last week's episode and the previews for tonight.

This show has just been picked up for 2 more 10 episode seasons. Here's the rub. It will only be seen on Directv, channel 101. No network affiliation has materialized. Both Glenn Close & Rose Byrnes are signed.

+ Reply to Thread