+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Damages on FX

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Damages on FX

Holy Guacamole! Did you guys watch tonight's (Tuesday's) new episode. OMG - OMG - OMG. I so did not see that coming. My mouth is still gaping open - I think I should pick my jaw up off the floor!

I don't want to say anything to spoiler it for those who haven't seen it but OMG what an episode.

Next week is the last episode before the 10/23 Finale.

OMG!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Newbie

Yeah! There is a marathon of the shows on Oct 20th beginning at 8 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2606362;
    Holy Guacamole! Did you guys watch tonight's (Tuesday's) new episode. OMG - OMG - OMG. I so did not see that coming. My mouth is still gaping open - I think I should pick my jaw up off the floor!
    OMG!
    Yes, I did see last week's ep. OMG is an understatement ... I had to watch it twice, just to see if I saw what I thought I saw. Wow...This show has literally left me breathless, after every episode. I'm still not sure about everything that's going on here (although I have some guesses). Nevertheless, I remain fascinated and intrigued. I feel as if I am watching a mini-mystery movie each week - one with excellent style and substance.

This week's ep should be a doozy, as that gap between past and current events closes up, and the run-up to the season finale (on October 23) continues... Ted Danson, Glenn Close, and the guy who plays Ted Danson's lawyer all deserve Emmy/Golden Globe nominations.

I will sorely miss "Damages" after the end of this season. But, according to what I've read, the show has been renewed. Yay!!

Cat

OK... Please disregard my last post, where I stated that the show had been renewed. As of now, it hasn't been renewed However, I am crossing my fingers.

Cat

It was a great first season for this show. Lot's of twists & turns. And they set it up great for next year...if they bring it back. I liked it a lot.

I am also crossing my fingers for renewal. The finale was as outstanding as were all the episodes. There was closure to the main storyline, but questions still remain. Damages is about the only show I watch on FX.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;2630100;
    I am also crossing my fingers for renewal. The finale was as outstanding as were all the episodes. There was closure to the main storyline, but questions still remain. Damages is about the only show I watch on FX.

And we’re back

FX files claim for more ‘Damages’ - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

FX files claim for more ‘Damages’
    Drama series given a two-season pickup
    By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

FX has given a two-season pickup order to the Glenn Close drama "Damages," ending weeks of uncertainty over the critically acclaimed skein's future.
    Not only did FX decide to renew the show, the cabler did so in a big way, ordering 26 more episodes (13 per season). Close is onboard for season two, as are co-stars Rose Byrne and Tate Donovan.
    Production on the next season of "Damages" is set to begin early next year in New York -- depending on whether the writers strike is resolved.
    Show comes from Sony Pictures TV, FX Prods. and KZK Prods.
    FX prexy-g.m. John Landgraf lauded creators-exec producers Todd Kessler, Glenn Kessler and Daniel Zelman for "pulling off this hugely ambitious series and establishing 'Damages' as one of the best dramas on American television."
    A renewal for "Damages" wasn't a sure thing. Landgraf himself had publicly admitted that he was disappointed with the season-one ratings. First-run segs of "Damages," which ended Oct. 23, averaged 1.1 million viewers with adults 18-49, although the weekly multi-telecast cume brought that number up to 2.5 million.
    But "Damages" ended on a creative high note -- resolving several mysteries and setting up a season-two storyline -- and garnered enough praise that FX ultimately saw the show as a key part of its programming and branding strategy.
    "FX is proud of our status as a leader in fostering bold, high-quality scripted programming," Landgraf said.
    Sony Pictures Television programming/production co-president Jamie Erlicht marveled over the ability to now "tell 26 more hours of mind-blowing stories," while co-president Zack Van Amburg called remaining in business with Close and the production team "as good as it gets."
    Season one of "Damages" also starred Ted Danson, Zeljko Ivanek, Michael Nouri, Philip Bosco, Anastasia Griffith, Noah Bean, Peter Facinelli and Peter Riegert.
    "Damages" joins an FX slate that also includes the recently renewed "Rescue Me" and soph returnees "Dirt" and "The Riches," as well as signature series "The Shield" and "Nip/Tuck."

Excellent news !

Cat

Just a reminder that Season 2 of Damages premieres Jan 7 on FX. William Hurt joins the cast this season. Here's a link to where the show will pick up with the story. Marcia Gay Harden and Timothy Olyphant are also new cast members and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ted Danson looks to be back in some capacity or other.

DAMAGES Official Website - Only on FX
    Last edited by Florimel; 01-02-2009 at 08:46 PM.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I thoroughly enjoy this show. It is really well written with more twists than a Chubby Checker concert.

+ Reply to Thread