Re: Damages on FX

Who caught last night's episode?

Is Patty an evil mother?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hvymetalchik;2569427;

Is Patty an evil mother?
    Crap! I missed it. Is it being repeated tonight or tomorrow?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hvymetalchik;2569427;

Is Patty an evil mother?
    Oh, we knew Patty was an evil mother long ago. Patty's just evil.... period!

I'm glad to see that Ellen's not the naive dolt she sometimes comes across as. Well, she always comes across as naive... and only sometimes as a dolt. She's so confused right now she doesn't know which way her world is turning. Trust Tom? Trust herself? Trust Patty (who said "trust no one")?

After watching every single episode, I can't figure out where this story is going... and for some reason starting with episode #5 it seems to have lost some momentum. We're getting lots of new characters (e.g. Lila - the grandaughter of Tom's patient) and something interesting starts with them but then it's dropped. I'm sure that's temporary and they'll factor in once again down the road but I'm impatient

I'm starting to wonder if Hollis Nye is somehow in on this... I'll be uber-disappointed if it's true. Nice to see that after being played by seemingly everyone, eventually Ellen starts playing Tom!

I'm starting to lose track of who is working for Patty... and who is working for Frobisher/Fiske. Especially when it comes to protecting Gregory Malina.

There are 13 episodes and last night #7 aired so we're basically at the half-way point. So many twists. So many turns. So many loose ends. So few remaining episodes

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I don't remember who Hollis Nye is!!! Who is he/she?

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2569508;
    Oh, we knew Patty was an evil mother long ago. Patty's just evil.... period!
    I just needed more confirmation last night.

I'm glad to see that Ellen's not the naive dolt she sometimes comes across as. Well, she always comes across as naive... and only sometimes as a dolt. She's so confused right now she doesn't know which way her world is turning. Trust Tom? Trust herself? Trust Patty (who said "trust no one")?
    I'm starting to think that Tom is falling for Ellen. (romantically)

After watching every single episode, I can't figure out where this story is going... and for some reason starting with episode #5 it seems to have lost some momentum. We're getting lots of new characters (e.g. Lila - the grandaughter of Tom's patient) and something interesting starts with them but then it's dropped. I'm sure that's temporary and they'll factor in once again down the road but I'm impatient
    I agree with you.

I'm starting to lose track of who is working for Patty... and who is working for Frobisher/Fiske. Especially when it comes to protecting Gregory Malina.
    Me too!

There are 13 episodes and last night #7 aired so we're basically at the half-way point. So many twists. So many turns. So many loose ends. So few remaining episodes
    Thanks for the episode info. I did not know how many episodes were left.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2569523;
    I don't remember who Hollis Nye is!!! Who is he/she?
    He's the older attorney... Ellen worked for him for the summer or whatever and he offered her a job but THEN Patty wanted to interview her so Ellen left Hollis behind... sorta. She was using him as a mentor/sounding-board... but once she got arreested, she called Hollis. He's a criminal defense attorney and supposedly the best at it.

HTH

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Thanks for the episode info. I did not know how many episodes were left.

You're welcome. Check out the fxnetworks.com website... the Damages page is VERY GOOD with lots and lots of clips and interviews and even a blog I love that site!

I have to say I am not getting impatient. I love mysteries and puzzle solving and television that makes you engage the brain while entertaining. It's the same reason I still adore Lost -- while I think I have some things figured out, I know there are more questions and surprises coming.

One thing that disappointed me about Dexter, another well-written and acted show, was that I knew who the killer was just about as soon as the character was introduced.

I hope Damages keeps going just as they have. We know we'll have answers by the end of the season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks Marlena!

I saw a repeat late last night on TV and loved it. I think Fiske (the attorney) and Gregory were lovers, and that's how Gregory knew to sell his shares of the stock--'cause Fiske was privvy to what Frobisher was going to do (e.g. sell his stocks). The grey haired dude who is always threatening Gregory (and now Fiske) implied that Fiske had a dirty little secret. And what secret is juicier for a married father than to have a hot, young gay lover?

I'm not sure who tried to kill Ellen now 'cause she said she didn't recognize him... Was she telling the truth?

I hope Hollis isn't in on all this either. It'd be nice for at least one character to be straightforward and honest...

About Patty and her son...you know, I'm sure that the primary reason the son is messed up is because she's a crappy mother. BUT, I don't think what she did was necessarily so bad. She was in a lose-lose situation with him...I think she knew he was talking the talk, but that he wouldn't be willing to walk the walk. And she called him on it. Whether her actions come back to bite her in the butt is to be seen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2570965;
    Thanks Marlena!

I saw a repeat late last night on TV and loved it. I think Fiske (the attorney) and Gregory were lovers, and that's how Gregory knew to sell his shares of the stock--'cause Fiske was privvy to what Frobisher was going to do (e.g. sell his stocks). The grey haired dude who is always threatening Gregory (and now Fiske) implied that Fiske had a dirty little secret. And what secret is juicier for a married father than to have a hot, young gay lover?
    I TOTALLY AGREE....I've been thinking this too. Fiske seemed really upset when he found out that Gregory had been hurt not just scared. There's just something there.

+ Reply to Thread