+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Damages on FX

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Damages on FX

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2503482;
    Lois Lane : Yes, I loved Murder One... it remains one of my favorite shows of all time (season 1 with "Teddy Hoffman", though I did enjoy season 2 with Anthony LaPaglia even though the pacing was different). Oh, and btw, "The Nine" is being shown on ABC at 10pm on Wednesdays... they're finishing off the episodes that were unaired and it just started 8/1. Check it out.
    I didn't care for the second season of MURDER ONE as much either. That first season was soooooooooooo good. I bought it on DVD. Yes, I saw "The Nine" the other night. I'm glad they brought it back to at least air the ones they've already shot...

I love shows like those and "Damages." Smart writing, fantastic acting, good all around!

I love Damages. Did you guys see the second episode? OMG, so many shocks, especially at the very end!

The second episode totally made me believe that Ted Danson is an amazing actor. He was so good. When he was struggling with whether or not to order a hit on Katie, just....wow. I can't wait to see a face off between Patty Hewes and Frobisher, it'll be outstanding!

Katie is obviously hiding something way beyond just a one-night indiscretion and an abortion in Florida. What is it???

I can't wait for the new ep tonight.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Best show on TV - love it! It's exciting, unpredictible, fast moving, and the acting is fabulous - by everyone. Of course, Glenn Close is wonderful (I've always thought she was better than Meryl Streep because she doesn't overact). Her character Patty Hewes is fascinating. Ted Danson is a good actor and he has grown lot from his light roles early in his career. The young girl is terrific. I've seen her in minor roles before and have been impressed, but in this she has risen to the challenge. I imagine that acting alongside Glenn Close has to be a thrilling if daunting experience. The writing is some of the best I've seen and I am glad it is on FX so the censors have not chewed it up and cut out key scenes.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

This week's episode was another great one. Incredible just how manipulative Patty Hewes is... and just how far she will go. So Frobisher sent the hand-grenade to Patty's office. But when Patty's husband said he found another grenade in the glove box of his car, didn't she later say it was amazing that a 17-year-old could buy a hand-grenade on the internet? So there were two grenades... one sent by Frobisher thru the mail and the other purchased by Michael who put it in the glove compartment of his step-dad's car? Or am I just confused.

this show!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I missed the last episode. Do you guys know if they repeat these?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2521882;
    I missed the last episode. Do you guys know if they repeat these?
    They do repeat them several times during the week. The previous episode is on tonight, 10PM Pacfic Time; I think that is the final showing of that particular episode. Each one is on about 5 times during the week.

Hope this helps.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Thanks! It's going to air here at 9 tonight! Yay! I can get caught up...

I love this show! I was addicted after the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2513549;
    This week's episode was another great one. Incredible just how manipulative Patty Hewes is... and just how far she will go. So Frobisher sent the hand-grenade to Patty's office. But when Patty's husband said he found another grenade in the glove box of his car, didn't she later say it was amazing that a 17-year-old could buy a hand-grenade on the internet? So there were two grenades... one sent by Frobisher thru the mail and the other purchased by Michael who put it in the glove compartment of his step-dad's car? Or am I just confused.

this show!
    I think Michael got blamed for something that wasn't his fault. Remember earlier in the scene where Patty was telling him that the things that he was doing had to stop, and he genuinely seemed confused as to what she was referring? I think Miss Patty jumped to conclusions and poor Michael is going to suffer some undeserved consequences in the next show.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2513549;

this show!
    I think that both of them were planted by Patty's son, who clearly has some serious issues - I think that Frobisher was just joking with his layer or trying to freak him out, I don't think that it could have been two people doing it. I was really shocked by that though - what does the son hate Patty so much? What is wrong with him? And what happened between them?

I was really bothered by the dream of Patty's that he was telling everyone was his, though. Creepy. I like that they are showing a more human side of Patty with this kind of thing, that she isn't the tough superwoman all the time. I'm also really glad her husband didn't get blown up, I totally thought that was what was going to happen.

Can't wait for new episode tomorrow - love that this show really makes you FEEL the wait/anticipation between the eps....

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread