+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Damages on FX

Re: Damages on FX

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3992982;
    This show has just been picked up for 2 more 10 episode seasons. Here's the rub. It will only be seen on Directv, channel 101. No network affiliation has materialized. Both Glenn Close & Rose Byrnes are signed.

OMG! What am I going to do? I don't even know what Directv is. I simply must see it. It is one of my top 5 favorites shows which are:

Mad Men
    Dexter
    Big Love
    Breaking Bad
    Damages.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know when it starts?

^^^ The new shows are scheduled for Summers of 2011 & 2012. Do you really not know what Directv is?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3993225;
    ^^^ The new shows are scheduled for Summers of 2011 & 2012. Do you really not know what Directv is?
    I found this article on Directv. It's a satellite system like Dish TV.
    Satellite Dish TV - DIRECT TV VS DISH NETWORK Reviews

I have always had Time Warner Cable. I don't know what kind of yard you need for a satellite. My grandmother has one and has had iffy service. Oh well, it looks like I have lots ot time to make up my mind about it before the next season airs.

The Directv receiver is the size of a large pizza, it fits on your roof. The High Def receiver is a bit bigger, but still small enough for the rooftop. I have had the service for years. It's wonderful. By the way, they also have satellite internet service, but I hear it's costly.

That's not good news, but I'll just wait and rent it from Netflix or Blockbuster after the DVD's are released. I usually do that anyway so I can watch the whole season's story unfold all at once. Quality tv loses out to trash tv yet again.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3993484;
    That's not good news, but I'll just wait and rent it from Netflix or Blockbuster after the DVD's are released. I usually do that anyway so I can watch the whole season's story unfold all at once. Quality tv loses out to trash tv yet again.

You can say that again. This great show with award winning actors and they can't stay on any network. OMG. It's so bizarre. I guess it's tough to produce quality drama when so many people want large doses of teens getting drunk and beating each other up. Pathetic.

Damages new season is supposed to premire April 6 on Direct TV. It also looks like you can watch it on-line. Here's the link.

DIRECTV: Damages — The Show

I tried to check it out, but you may have to get Direct TV to view on-line. Too bad.

I just got an email from Netflix that says Damages, Season 5 is now available for streaming. Yay!

Thanks for the heads up, Punkin. I'll have to put that in list.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watched the first three episodes of Season 5 on Netflix today. I am enthralled as ever with the last season of Damages. This season has Judd Hirsch, Jenna Elfman and Ryan Phillipe. For some obscure reason (to me at least) Phillipe has red/auburn hair. Looks goofy on him.

As per usual, the episodes jump backwards and forwards in time. And as per usual, from Episode 1 we are shown little hints building up to a scene leading to what seems to be the shocking conclusion to the season. But these writers have expertly taken me down that path before, dropping hints that have led me down a presumptive path only to slam me in the head at the end with a twist. Damages has always been a favorite because of the fast-paced storylines and interesting characters. I really get my money's worth ($8 a month) from Netflix.

+ Reply to Thread