+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Saving Grace (TNT) - Holly Hunter...

Re: Saving Grace (TNT) - Holly Hunter...

Newseason tonight

Recorded it last night & just started to watch it. They finally showed that Earl isn't 'real' when Grace drove right through him. Not for nothing, but I guess that means all the food & drink he's put away the past seasons wasn't real either.

Is it wrong that I find Earl kind of hot? even (especially?) when he's got his wings in full array? Just asking.
    Last edited by NJ EJ; 06-17-2009 at 07:53 PM.

I finally got around to start watching this show. My parents love it and told me I would like it as well. I'm about halfway through the first season. It's really great! It's fun that my hometown (Bethany is basically a small town, no farmland, inside of OKC) is such an integral part of the show. Almost like OKC is a character itself. The only thing is that they make it look like OKC is all countryside and farmland and cowboys except for downtown. That's really dumb because OKC is mostly suburbia, Tulsa too. It's outside of OKC that is the country. In fact, the scene in the first episode where she had her accident was right outside of downtown (you could see the skyline in the background. Also not too far from where my cousin lives and where it seems Grace's house is located). Also, in the first episode where they're at the cattle auction they mention that they are at The Stockyards, which are actually right by downtown as well and no countryside at all. Mostly just a bunch of country & western clothing shops and Cattlemen's steakhouse. If you ever come to OKC I HIGHLY recommend you order the chicken fried steak there. It's totally the best!!!!! It also appears that her police station would be downtown. To get to the country from there (depending on what town, of course) takes at least 30 minutes. That's the only thing that bugs me really. There's really not that many cowboys in the city either. Pretty much NOBODY wears cowboy boots and a hat. Anyone that is familiar with Oklahoma at all would understand what I'm talking about. Anyway, it's a stupid nit pick, I know. The accents are pretty typical except Holly Hunter's is more Arkansas than Oklahoma. Also, the depiction of the Sooners vs Longhorns rivalry is VERY accurate. Except that cop that loves the Longhorns would probably not be as bold about it because he'd probably get his A$$ kicked on a regular basis for wearing that belt buckle I'm seriously not kidding! Anyway, I'm having an awful lot of fun with my Saving Grace marathon so that I can catch up to the current season. It's a great show and it makes it even more fun to watch as an Okie!

ETA: Oh! I almost forgot about the fact that they're always eating Johnnie's Charcoal. I soooo love their burgers and fries! Another place you have to eat at if you ever visit OKC
    Last edited by stacerace; 06-28-2009 at 03:23 AM.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

I really hate that Rhetta's hubby is cheating on her but....she is getting major story this season

Wow, Grace took a beating tonight

I can not believe that all the new shows are done. I guess they only have like an 8 episode season

New season started this week. I believe it is also the last season. I miss Leon but the new girl she and Earl will be "saving" has a lot of possibilities

Dang it. My DVR did not record last night's episode. Is it online anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3920712;
    Dang it. My DVR did not record last night's episode. Is it online anywhere?
    In the past, they've been available either through through the TNT web site or Hulu.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Did I read this right, are Next weeks shows 2 of them the END to the entire series?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast