+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chuck on NBC

Re: Chuck on NBC

It was a great season finale. I had kind of figured Dad was going to die and I've been expecting that Mom would be appearing soon. I'm really curious about the actress that will play her.

I'm also delighted that they gave us a hint of what will come next season without resorting to the overused cliffhanger ending. I love Morgan with Casey, especially with the addition of Casey's daughter in the mix. That should provide for some great humor.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I liked the season finale too although I'm going to miss the Buy More crowd. As for Mrs. Bartkowsky...I will be interested to see who they cast in that role as well. So Chuck and Ellie retained their childhood home so Chuck could go snooping thru its nooks and crannys at the end of the show?
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I'm glad it's coming back, but it was really down on audience for the finale,it was ahead of only the CW. That can't be good long term.

Loved the Chuck finale - I was smiling and/or tearing up through the whole thing. My top two candidates for Chuck and Ellie's mom are Lynda Carter (Wonder Woman) or Margaret Colin (Independence Day, Gossip Girl). Sarah Lancaster resembles Lynda Carter very strongly and Zachary Levi definitely looks like he could be Margaret Colin's son. Chuck's casting people always do such a great job with the casting. No matter who they cast, I'm excited for the new season. As for the ratings, I read that it actually did better than NBC expected last night against the stiff competition of finals of DWTS and 24

A lot of people have been suggesting Lynda Carter, but I disagree. The resemblance to Sarah Lancaster is there, but I don't think Lynda is good enough at combining action with light comedy. Margaret Colin is a very good idea.

I also think Mira Furlan or Mary McDonell could do it or maybe JoBeth Williams.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree the mom should look more like Ellie. Chuck and Ellie look nothing alike in coloring...really only in height...and Chuck looks like his "dad". Now that was perfect casting!

As much as I love Scott Bakula, I don't really think he and Zachary Levi look much like father and son, and I do think Sarah Lancaster and Zachary Levi have similar eyes and noses. To whomever said Lynda Carter might not be good enough at combining light comedy with action, I would agree except that I haven't seen enough of her the last 15 years to know what kind of acting she's capable of. I still think Margaret Colin would be good as their mom - she even has the height, however JoBeth Williams or Christine Lahti would also be good choices. When they were showing the "elders", did anyone besides me and my family see Angie Harmon? They should bring back her character next season, and I would love to see more of John Larroquette and Christopher Lloyd.

CCL

I didn't see Angie Harmon among the elders and she is not listed in imdb as being in this week's episode. However, she was on Chuck before so she could be coming back next season.

Please not Christine Lahti. She's done something to her face and it is very distracting. I remember watching her on Law and Order SVU and it was like her tongue was always sticking out.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, they've cast Linda Hamilton as Mama Bartowski. I think they revealed it at Comci-con.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4004274;
    In case anyone hasn't seen it yet, they've cast Linda Hamilton as Mama Bartowski. I think they revealed it at Comci-con.
    Well, Linda Hamilton looks like she can kick butt. It should be interesting.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread