+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 46 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chuck on NBC

Re: Chuck on NBC

Wow I can't believe this thread has fallen so far back....Last night's episode: Best. Chuck. Ever!! Everything was tied up so nicely. It would have been a great end to the series if gosh forbid Chuck hadn't been renewed for the full season. But now, we get to see what happens next Chuck and Sarah finally together, and in Paris no less! Casey re-instated, Morgan on the team (hee, I'm sure Morgan's idea of being an "agent" will be slightly different from what they have in mind ), Shaw finally gone (or is he?)...the Chuck universe is looking good. Just as an aside, I really enjoyed the character of Hannah and the actress who played her. I think she should pop on over to HIMYM. She'd make a great "mother" with Ted Mosby
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Fantastic episode, I agree. And more to come from what I've heard. Anna Wu will be back, and as we near end of season, we'll be seeing a very dark side to Chuck. I think his dad will be back, but I don't know anything more.

It's a total delight to have Casey back to himself.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

The show had a creative downslide for about half this season, but as of last night its definitely back on top, in terms of quality. Just a wonderful, wonderful episode.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I loved last night's episode. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take the story from here!

CCL

I've enjoyed this season myself though maybe not everyone finding out about Chuck (seriously, only Ellie is really out of the loop now!). Last night's episode was excellent.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I had read earlier that we'll be seeing Fred Willard and Swoosie Kurtz as married agents a la Hart to Hart who would be training Chuck and Sarah. I think we'll be seeing more of them and I also read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Chuck and Sarah will get married, hence the need for the training.
    Don't know if that's been verified though.

I've enjoyed this season very much although the Shaw arc was probably my least favorite.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Oooh I hope you're spoiler is right. Also
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Shaw is apparently going to resurface in the finale.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And wouldn't it be nice to see a show NOT die when the romantic couple gets together? (See Bones thread for a discussion of the "Moonlighting" fear of many writers.) Other than the slight Shaw digression Sarah and Chuck have moved together very naturally (OK, naturally if you accept that he can learn spy skills overnight thanks to a science fiction level of input), now that they are more equal.
    Poor Ellie though.... Sorry that she and Awesome are moving off screen, but I guess they need to make room for others. Loved Awesome's "do you think this just happens?" while pointing at his chest comment when she queried bringing barbells in his suitcase to Africa.

I'm still hoping for some last minute reprieve that keeps Ellie and Awesome stateside . But I agree, last night's epi was excellent! It proved you can keep a couple together, but still sexy and fun...Chuck and Sarah made a great team (and dare I say, so did Morgan and Casey )! There's enough natural conflict that comes from them both being spies, that the writers shouldn't have to dream up ways to keep them apart to keep the show fresh and interesting.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

What a great finale! Well, I guess the last holdout - Ellie - finally knows Chuck's secret. I'm just glad they didn't draw out the "Chuck going crazy" story line any longer, I wasn't, ummm, crazy, about it . The next arc looks like it's going to be really good! This shows does an excellent job of bringing closure at the end of each season, then jumping off into the next....I hope people keep watching enough to give us many more! Besides, I really want to see what in the world they're going to do with the Buy More crew now!
    Desiderata

+ Reply to Thread