+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chuck on NBC

Re: Chuck on NBC

A little bit more info on the renewal:
    'Chuck' back, but on tighter budget
    By CYNTHIA LITTLETON

NBC and Warner Bros. TV struck a 13-episode third-season renewal deal on Sunday for the action-comedy that has a modest but passionate fanbase.

Like virtually every other primetime skein on the Big Four nets, "Chuck" will return next season with a smaller production budget. The renewal haggling between NBC and Warner Bros. TV over the past few weeks has centered entirely on cost-cutting issues, insiders said.

"Chuck," which stars Zachary Levi as a regular-Joe computer geek who winds up with CIA secrets implanted in his head, averaged 2.8 rating/7 share in the adults 18-49 demographic and 7.3 million viewers during its sophomore season in the Monday 8 p.m. timeslot.

Series got off to a solid start in its freshman year but was interrupted by the writers strike. Fans mounted elaborate "Save Chuck" campaigns during the past two months, including a tie-in with the Subway sandwich chain, that merited a shoutout on "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart."

Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak co-created "Chuck" and exec produce along with McG and Scott Rosenbaum.
    'Chuck' back, but on tighter budget - Entertainment News, TV News, Media - Variety

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;3454067;
    Do you know if Chuck is fall return or mid season return?
    According to the schedule released today, NBC has decided to split their entire season into two parts. Chuck will be back in the second half, back on Monday Night, presumably after the NFL season ends.

So I only get half of it, because of stupid FOOTBALL!!!!!!
    they are barely giving it a chance!!!
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I honestly don't think it's because of football, but that the networks are cutting back on the number of original episodes for a number of their series to cut production costs. Still, half a season is better than none.

I remember when a show ran 39 new episodes and 13 reruns every season, which took up the full year. Those were the days.

From what I read, Subway's increased sponsorship and support, and I'm guessing pressure on the network, was heavily responsible for the renewal. I guess this is one time the fans' messages to the sponsor helped.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

yeah. but we have to keep it up. watch it , support it, gonna watch it on line too.
    I love this show and would hate to lose it.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

FORT Fogey

Mmmm Subway sandwiches....mmmmm Subway footlongs....mmmm Adam Baldwin....(erm, sorry). Anyway, I have a season pass to Chuck in iTunes - do you think that counts for anything?

Mmmmm Adam Baldwin (sorry again, slightly obsessed).

Quote Originally Posted by AngloAm;3457585;

Mmmmm Adam Baldwin (sorry again, slightly obsessed).
    No need to apologize. It is easy to be obsessed with Adam Baldwin.

Apparently Heroes has been cut down to 13 episodes and Chuck will replace Heroes mid season.

ETA: based on NBC's Winter Line-up, it appears Chuck will premiere after the Winter Olympics (sometime in March?).

NBC MID-SEASON 2010 SCHEDULE
    (2010 WINTER OLYMPICS preempt regularly scheduled programming from February 12-28, 2010)

MONDAY
    8-9 p.m. &#173; Chuck (season premiere)
    9-10 p.m. Day One
    10-11 p.m. &#173;The Jay Leno Show
    Last edited by football_chick; 05-19-2009 at 07:47 PM. Reason: new info

I read something today that confirms a March return for Chuck. We started wondering when we would see it since Heroes returned last week...

NBC: Chuck Won't Return Until March 2010

Forget what you heard at Comic-Con: As of Wednesday, Chuck will not return to your television any sooner than next spring.

At the NBC executive panel, Angela Bromstad, the net's president of primetime, said that reports of an early return for Chuck have been somewhat exaggerated. Season 3 will run for 13 episodes beginning in March.

But there was a glimmer of hope. In a larger conversation about the relative successes and failures of shows like The Listener, The Philanthropist and Merlin this summer, Bromstad discussed the possibility of extending Chuck's episode order to help launch a more high-profile summer 2010 slate. "Right now we're asking ourselves: Is this something we let run into the summer season?" she said. "But we haven't decided."
    This is from tvguide.com, but I do not believe I can post the direct link because there is some commentary there...

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Happy Birthday to Zachary Levi!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread