+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chuck on NBC

FORT Fan

Re: Chuck on NBC

^^ someone mentioned that on another board I think I might have to agree with that theory. Right before he showed off his knew moves, didn't Chuck flash on some sort of symbol, which I'm assuming is related to kung fu?

I felt so bad for Ellie during the first wedding. Aside from the water, and your whole reception area being ruined, can you imagine having Jeffster playing at your wedding? LOL.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

The @ss she was kicked with that finale...

If anyone wants to know where to send your acknowlegements that you bought sandwiches (including a receipt copy if you have one to copy) there are a few ways. Do as many as you can.

Letters to NBC and Subway should probably be written a bit differently. Subway should be thanked for their sponsorship of Chuck and you should stress that not only did you SPECIFICALLY buy sandwiches this week because of their ads on/during Chuck, you should also imply (or if you feel comfortable, say straight out) that they've earned a bigger share of your ongoing dining out loyalty (in other words you are spending more money there on an ongoing basis), and that's all thanks to Chuck.

Communications to NBC should probably take a "hey, I heard about this campaign and I don't usually do campaigns, but I did THIS one because this show is so cool" approach. Also, in my own letter to NBC I pretty much told them, head on, that in my opinion Chuck is proving that networks should look beyond mere ratings, because Chuck has a group of motivated viewers who PROVABLY will support advertisers who back Chuck. NBC needs to know they can go to other potential advertisers, point to the loyalty of Chuck viewers to backers of the show, and get them on board even if the Nielsen ratings wouldn't normally be all that encouraging.

WORST OPTION: relying on NBC to see and understand online chatter. You have to tell them.

ALMOST AS BAD -- PARTICULARLY TO NBC: email. NBC doesn't respect or give much weight to them. Subway? I don't suppose it could hurt. You'd have to look these up anyway--I don't know what the relevant email addresses are.

PRETTY GOOD: phone calls

Reportedly for NBC it's (818) 840-4444, but you have to know what department to ask for (scheduling? The office of the President of Primetime Series?) I have no idea.

For Subway here's what I've seen elsewhere is best to do:

call 1-800-888-4848. Please remember to mention the store you visited and how your service was, and of course because you support CHUCK. Also after you leave the message about Chuck - mention that you would like your comment forwarded to FAF (pronouce it just like its spelled or say F-A-F) AND to corporate marketing…this way your message will go to two different places at the headquarters - the regional corporate office - the store itself - as well as the two advertising arms of Subway…
    PRETTY GOOD, for SUBWAY: Their existing customer contact area on their website - SUBWAY Restaurant Customer Service Form

ALSO VERY GOOD, for SUBWAY: Comment cards inside the stores.

BEST: "Snail mail", with copies of receipts if possible

Snail mail to SUBWAY:

Bill Schettini
    Subway - Chief Marketing Officer
    325 Bic Drive
    Milford, CT 06461

Snail mail to NBC:

Angela Bromstad
    President of Primetime Series NBC
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Bldg 1320, 4th Floor
    Universal City, CA 91608

OR

Ben Silverman
    Co-Chairman NBC/Universal
    3000 W. Alameda
    Admin Building
    Burbank, CA 91523
    Last edited by Krom; 04-28-2009 at 03:50 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I love this show, and I loved this episode.

I really hope it makes a return next season! While the finale did feel like it was wrapping some storylines up, it also definitely left the door open for more!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tooliveforhim;3426669;
    possible spoilers if you have not seen tonight's episode.....

so theories....

mine is that the new one will give him abilities when he needs them and then not have then any more... like if he needs to blend in with germans he will learn german but after not know what happened....

what are your thoughts?
    He seemed to remember he knew kung fu though....

I really really really loved the season finale. As for speculating about Chuck's new intersect add-ons...I hope it doesn't push the character into cartoonish behavior. I don't think that he needs to become another "Hero". I liked how his Intersect 1.0 allowed us to see him use his own intelligence to solve problems. So if the Buy More crew is history, does Chuck's super abilities make Casey more expendable? I hope not because I really love Adam Baldwin in this role.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3427583;
    He seemed to remember he knew kung fu though....
    Yes but i think he wont be able to use kung fu after he might know that is what he did but if they asked him show me that again he would not be able to do kung fu

I thought it was part of the new intersect info (the kung fu). I must be an odd person but I truly enjoyed the singing at the first wedding. I thought it was very entertaining.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3428817;
    I thought it was part of the new intersect info (the kung fu). I must be an odd person but I truly enjoyed the singing at the first wedding. I thought it was very entertaining.
    I liked the singing as well---thought they did it well...ok, a bit odd and over the top for a wedding, but not awful to listen to. Of course setting off the sprinklers... all that ruined hair and make up!
    Was Awesome's mom running the wedding? It's one thing if it is the bride's mom who takes over and creates HER fantasy wedding, but the groom's mom?

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;3427650;
    I really really really loved the season finale. As for speculating about Chuck's new intersect add-ons...I hope it doesn't push the character into cartoonish behavior. I don't think that he needs to become another "Hero". I liked how his Intersect 1.0 allowed us to see him use his own intelligence to solve problems. So if the Buy More crew is history, does Chuck's super abilities make Casey more expendable? I hope not because I really love Adam Baldwin in this role.
    I completely agree with you. Absolutely loved the finale, thought it was full of everything that makes this show so great. But, I also ended up hoping that "kung-fu" Chuck doesn't become too cartoonish, or....dare I say it...jump the shark. As for the Buy More, I'm not so sure that's a done deal. Chuck quit with a pocket full of money....which he then spent on his sister's second wedding. And after all, even a super-spy needs a good cover
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I do hope and think it possible that we're not done with Buy More yet just as it seemed reasonable to assume that Chuck wasn't done with the intersect at the end of the previous show. At the very least, I would assume that we're not losing Morgan and Anna, which I think was indicated by Morgan's "doubts" towards the end. Those two characters add so much to the ensemble.

Chuck and Dancing With the Stars are the only NBC shows I ever watch. If Chuck is not renewed, that will put me down to one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread