+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chuck on NBC

Re: Chuck -> Josh Schwartz & NBC's answer to Jake 2.0?

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2585648;
    I liked it. Loved it when the Nerd Herd car was going backwards down the steps and the sk8er dudes were like "whoa".
    "Computer Emergency!"

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I thought this one was pretty good. I'll give it a couple more shots to grab me.

Having been in the Navy and having a husband who is active duty, I did have a bit of a problem with some of it. OK had a huge problem and kept looking at the hubby with a "huh?" expression. The bit about the NSA trying to kill a CIA agent was really stretching it....but then it sucked me in because its just a funny show. Some of it was freaking hilarious and over all I liked the show.

I was once a HUGE fan of Scarecrow and Mrs King (hush! LOL) and this show reminds me of that in some ways so will be watching again. Plus, not many shows the spouse and I both like and this is one we can watch together.

MRD

Anyone else catch the LOST reference in tonights episode?

I'll put it in spoiler brackets just in case, but I don't think its so much a spoiler as a teaser.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Chuck knows that "Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by a subterranian....."

That was all I caught him say.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I love this show! Tonight's episode wasn't as much fun as the first, but I still found it delightfully quirky, much in the same way as Scrubs, though without JD's surreal daydreams. Of course, some parts of it are hard to believe, but it doesn't deter from the important part--the growing relationships between the characters.

I agree, it wasn't as funny, but it was darn good. The second one didn't disappoint and I'm glad! Hopefully it's just a sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2594375;
    Anyone else catch the LOST reference in tonights episode?

I'll put it in spoiler brackets just in case, but I don't think its so much a spoiler as a teaser.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Chuck knows that "Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by a subterranian....."

That was all I caught him say.
    Yep. I caught that.

Premium Member

Yeah, kinda funny NBC would put an ABC plug in their show, I liked it.

I tend to agree with twilite - while I like the premise of the show and was excited for the premiere last week, not so sure about this second episode. I found myself more entertained with the personal interactions than the actual spy stuff - that totally cheapened it for me. Watching him try to land the helicopter was quite anti-climactic and very much like 1970's tv show special effects - as in, not even believable. Not to mention, all his whining while doing so was quite irritating. I thought (was hoping?) when he ran into the warehouse, he'd see a picture or something which would stimulate some memory and he'd figure out a way to free the girl, or later help fly the helicopter, anything useful, but it just never happened. I think they are better off leaving the spy action stuff to the agents and letting Chuck follow their lead more, like in the premiere episode.

I was kinda left with the impression the writers aren't sure which direction to go - but I'm hoping they don't decide to turn it into a simple over the top comedy.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz;2595396;
    Yeah, kinda funny NBC would put an ABC plug in their show, I liked it.
    They did the same in The Office (Dwight referred to the office staff going downstairs to meet with the warehouse workers to when the survivors on Lost met The Others).

I liked the first two episodes but I (like some others) find myself wondering where the writers of the show are going to go. I keep thinking that the secrets in Chuck's head have to be growing less important by the day as they are past information (not like he's receiving updates). And surely the government agencies have the same information stored elsewhere, albeit in scattered form.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2595643;
    They did the same in The Office (Dwight referred to the office staff going downstairs to meet with the warehouse workers to when the survivors on Lost met The Others).

I liked the first two episodes but I (like some others) find myself wondering where the writers of the show are going to go. I keep thinking that the secrets in Chuck's head have to be growing less important by the day as they are past information (not like he's receiving updates). And surely the government agencies have the same information stored elsewhere, albeit in scattered form.
    Oh yeah, I had forgotten that LOST probably did it first when they made a UK Office reference (to the Slough location) in a Charlie flashback (when he was going to be a copier salesman)...

And yep, I've been wondering about the information in Chuck's head being old news, as well. Though perhaps the series wraps up in six months when the new system is in place? But probably not, hehe.

+ Reply to Thread